Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

seeking and the great laptop caper

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Nov 24, 2001.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

so ive decided that i need to buy a laptop, cause, well, i never use the one i one i have, so i think i need to buy another.
    im looking at either an ibook, or a g4. now, i know the g4 is the obvious choice, since the thing is baller as fuck. but its a difference of about 700 bucks or so, and to be quite honest, thats alot of money to be spending on something i dont need anyway (on top of the 1500 im already going to be spending)...

so my reason for posting this is to ask if anyone knows anyplaces running deals right now... or if anyone has one they'd like to part with. hook a brother up...

2. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

Dude, are you rich or something?

3. metallix

metallix Elite Member

didn't you say you havent had a job since april ?

4. Dude are you rich?

*can you send me the one you dont use?

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

no im not rich, im just not afraid of going deeply into debt to amuse myself.

your not helping me.... :)

6. pacman

pacman Member

for some reason that mass of symbols just made my day

thanks

7. dr. frink one

dr. frink one Elite Member

seeking...check out UBID.com
    they usually have some deals going.
    if you don't find anything tell me and I have some more suggestions

8. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

I have so many better things to do with $2200 that I feel like punching you.

9. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

the cheap way

just ride the bart train and find some sucka-ass "cracka" and grab his!

10. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

that would really be the "laptop caper"..buying one is just buying one..

11. kid furie

kid furie Senior Member

seeking, would you like to buy me a crap load of pot cause that would be pretty rad? just thinking outloud...

furieONERfuckinHOESandBLOWINtreesFOsho...

12. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

cracked, this is actually my last purchase before pretty much filing for bankruptcy, so its not like im just frivelously throwing money around. well, not exactly anyway. :)

13. garcia_vega

garcia_vega Elite Member

if you are a student (if you're not make a fake college id and send it to them they don't check) you can get a computer loan from mac and pay it monthly with very low interest and i don't think there's even a credit check. or if you know someone who's a teacher or professor, have them buy it for you from the mac website and they get like 25% educator's discount.

14. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

25%? HA. tried that. its only about 50 -100 bucks off. and since you have to pay tax through the apple web site (but not others) it cancels out the savings... thanks though...

15. garcia_vega

garcia_vega Elite Member

it used to be bigger. my mom's a teacher and i really got 25% off when i bought my g3 a few years ago. guess they got cheap on us.