"Second Graffitti Suspect Arrested"

KaBar2

Houston Chronicle 10/03/03

A Magnolia man arrested Thursday is a member of a graffiti ring believed to have vandalized about 30 highway signs throughout Houston, causing about $100,000 damage, police said.

An off-duty Houston officer said he saw Keith Hayes, 21, and another man using spray paint to deface an exit sign on Texas 288 on Sept. 18, and he noted their vehicle's license plate number.

Police said they traced the number to Dayton resident Adam Berry, 23, who was arrested Sept. 25. Evidence gathered at his home led to the arrest of Hayes, police said.

Berry and Hayes were charged with felony graffiti, police said. Each posted bail. Officers are looking for a third person.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

They say that "fortune favors the bold," and no doubt audacity wins battles. But stupidity doesn't. These guys apparently got a little too comfortable and apparently don't believe in the "be sneaky when you are breaking the law" model. Read, and heed their errors.

be sneaky while upholding the law!

If I was a cop I'd wait in hiding untill they were almost done,

then pop out with my gun draw and force them to write 'jail bitch'

over their freshly finished pieces. Then bust them and leave the

dissed pieces to run.

good thing I'm not a sadistic cop.

:five-o:

Originally posted by GnomeToys

If the city of Houston really paid $100,000 for 30 highway signs, they've got much bigger problems than graffiti.

they always over estimate..

but they are also taking into account the labor that goes into cleaning the signs.. the cost of the chemicals to clean the signs.. the gas to drive the car from canada to houston to clean the sign.. etc.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

they always over estimate..

but they are also taking into account the labor that goes into cleaning the signs.. the cost of the chemicals to clean the signs.. the gas to drive the car from canada to houston to clean the sign.. etc.

that last line was my favorite....and most likely true...

i feel sorry for those guys...how could they not spot a cop watching them, though? was he in the woods inspecting his confiscations of illegal substances?

they probably...

pulled their car off the side of the highway and walked a few feet to the sign and bombed it. I've done it and admit it's a major risk, but to get up alot that's what it takes. Sometimes walking along an interstate can be just as risky. Then as they're painting with cars probably zooming past one happened to be a copper who pulled over, saw the car and jotted down the number.

Re: they probably...

Originally posted by swiss cheese

pulled their car off the side of the highway and walked a few feet to the sign and bombed it. I've done it and admit it's a major risk, but to get up alot that's what it takes. Sometimes walking along an interstate can be just as risky. Then as they're painting with cars probably zooming past one happened to be a copper who pulled over, saw the car and jotted down the number.

fuck a license plate

DTS???? man those guys shoulda known better and to answer your redundant questions kids the clip said AN OFF DUTY OFFICER!!!!!

So yeah it dont matter whether or not they parked two miles or right next to the sign, that fool followed them.

thats why i make sure no one is around if if someone sees me i take a longer route to get back to the ride.

Originally posted by robotripp

...that fool followed them.

thats why i make sure no one is around if if someone sees me i take a longer route to get back to the ride.

Do what the spies do, the old "double back".

Walk right past your car, and go for another few blocks, then just turn around and walk back. If anyone is following you, they're not going to let you know by turning around too. They have to keep on going.

Or you can walk around the block, nobody makes 4 right hand turns, unless they're following you.

Originally posted by effyoo

Do what the spies do, the old "double back".

Walk right past your car, and go for another few blocks, then just turn around and walk back. If anyone is following you, they're not going to let you know by turning around too. They have to keep on going.

Or you can walk around the block, nobody makes 4 right hand turns, unless they're following you.

very very true

i always stop later on to smoke a square to calm my nerves after getting up ina high profile spot. So ifa dumbfuck woulda been following thats another good way to be sneaky about it.

Archived