Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

"Second Graffitti Suspect Arrested"

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by KaBar2, Oct 3, 2003.

1. KaBar2

KaBar2 Senior Member

Houston Chronicle 10/03/03

A Magnolia man arrested Thursday is a member of a graffiti ring believed to have vandalized about 30 highway signs throughout Houston, causing about $100,000 damage, police said.

An off-duty Houston officer said he saw Keith Hayes, 21, and another man using spray paint to deface an exit sign on Texas 288 on Sept. 18, and he noted their vehicle's license plate number.

Police said they traced the number to Dayton resident Adam Berry, 23, who was arrested Sept. 25. Evidence gathered at his home led to the arrest of Hayes, police said.

Berry and Hayes were charged with felony graffiti, police said. Each posted bail. Officers are looking for a third person.

2. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Well it was illegal, so we know Tease is safe.

3. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

graffiti ring?

how fucking close to the sign did they park?

felony graffiti? ouch.

I feel so much safer now that this horrible criminal element has been removed from the streets of Houston. :rolleyes:

4. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

finally, someone is doing something to get rid of these hoodlums!

5. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

... he noted thier license plate number?

first off- what are they doing parking right next to where they are painting.

second- why did he only note the number instead of pulling over and arresting them on the spot.

6. iloveboxcars

ha.

7. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

donuts man...donuts.

8. KaBar2

KaBar2 Senior Member

They say that "fortune favors the bold," and no doubt audacity wins battles. But stupidity doesn't. These guys apparently got a little too comfortable and apparently don't believe in the "be sneaky when you are breaking the law" model. Read, and heed their errors.

9. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

be sneaky while upholding the law!

If I was a cop I'd wait in hiding untill they were almost done,
    then pop out with my gun draw and force them to write 'jail bitch'
    over their freshly finished pieces. Then bust them and leave the
    dissed pieces to run.

good thing I'm not a sadistic cop.

:five-o:

10. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member

Dually noted....Damn Hoodlums.....

11. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

If the city of Houston really paid $100,000 for 30 highway signs, they've got much bigger problems than graffiti.

12. iloveboxcars

they always over estimate..

but they are also taking into account the labor that goes into cleaning the signs.. the cost of the chemicals to clean the signs.. the gas to drive the car from canada to houston to clean the sign.. etc.

13. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

14. BIGBLUE

BIGBLUE Senior Member

THEY WERE PUTTING UP A FRAT

15. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

that last line was my favorite....and most likely true...

i feel sorry for those guys...how could they not spot a cop watching them, though? was he in the woods inspecting his confiscations of illegal substances?