Seasonal Depression- What to do in the winter?

Ethreadzny2

Since winters in the east are a bitch. Painting is not an option. And many nights there is nothing to do to occupy the bordom. So what do you do to keep yourself entertained during the winter? I usually go for a walk, but get bored half way through. anybody else get the winter blues, and how do you overcome it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

S.A.D.S is a major issue most just write off but I know from experneice with family and freinds you need to stay on top of your emotions on the later half of the year.I rack alot durring the winter cause it makes me feel good to be bad:) lame I know but it helps,I go to alot more openings and shows etc.I still bench and streak.

El Mamerro, some have the luck. I got a sewer infested lake behind my pad. I may have to give it a try. Frate Raper- I hear you man. Its all about keepin up on the emotions, and keeping yourself occupied. My major problem is that I have the attention span of a 4yr old. I need a good set of coloring books for the winter.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by El Mamerro

I go to the beach.

^I really start to dislike that kid...

Anyway, i shouldnt be complaining either, i definatelly

cant go on the beach but the winter around here is mild.

You have to face cold-cold for 10 days per year max and

the country has the biggest sunshine ratio in europe so

you can still take walks, paint and pretty much everything.

What i hate about winter is that i have to wear all that shit

and by the time i reach a bar i have to fuckin strip my self

to tshirt and find a place to stash my gear.

Eth, me and you will have to find some inside spots to hit this winter.

Not to mention winter shows.

I don't have a seasonial depression type deal so much as a situational depression. Little things usually make me want to kill. Then semi-serious type deals make me overly depressed.

Like now, I haven't gone to class in like the past 3 days.

I do a lot more studio work. I also can still paint outside on warmer days (above freezing), I just have to wear more clothes and gloves. Hard to paint with gloves though, but not impossible by any means. I wont need gloves, though, unless it's below freezing.

I actually like the cold, but the short days can be the real downer.

also trips to the south are always good to defrost the body.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Man, but don't think I have it made for the winter though... the water drops to a freezing 78° F!!!!! Shit is nippy...

Originally posted by Glik0

Eth, me and you will have to find some inside spots to hit this winter.

Not to mention winter shows.

I don't have a seasonial depression type deal so much as a situational depression. Little things usually make me want to kill. Then semi-serious type deals make me overly depressed.

Like now, I haven't gone to class in like the past 3 days.

no doubt. My depression comes and go in the winter. Just don't like the feeling of being stranded. However, I can always make it to a show. Cage played last sun at S.O.B's. I was low on the funds, but next time through I will get intouch with you. as far as painting indoor spots, I am always down. And better yet, once this rain passes, we need to make a trip to a few college parties. There is women to be seen.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

No, but seriously, if things keep going the way they are, this winter could shape up to be a lousy one. We've had three consecutive weeks of almost non-stop rain (when it does stop, it's like a mad dash to the beach to catch the few short rays), the entire place is flooded like crazy, bridges dropping and roads collapsing, traffic jams, and general unpleasantries. Plus, we're expecting at least another week of the sam conditions... governor already applied to the feds for the whole place to be declared a state of emergency.

BUUUUT... that doesn't mean we can't find ways to party:

http://newcamp.net/hector/images/jetski.jpg'>

The thing with me is that I love winter. I love gearing up, walking around, and sipping on whatever. I can chill in the park with whoever (except lots of people are all “grown up” now and don’t like doing this) and don’t have to worry about getting ice for the beer. There’s lots of things that is cool about the winter like hockey, snow, and mistletoe!

The thing with me is that despite all this, I get highly depressed during the holidays. Never fails. People always say I have SADS, but I know that’s not the case. It’s the goddamn stupid fucking festive bullshit holidays.

I realllllly dislike the feeling of being cold. Just hate it. I could live in some humid ass tropical weather and be fine....as soon as it gets really cold I turn into a whiny bitch. Any mind you, this weather lasts for about...4 mos? And the gray skies, oh, its so depressing. black skies at 430 pm ain't too great either.

Anyway! I go to work and school full time sooo I don't have too much free time. If its around christmas and i'm feeling adventurous I'll go downtown to get into the spirit.

Other than that...

*go out for hot chocolate with friends

*go thrift shopping (i could do this the entire day)

*paint canvas

*watch movies

*bake (make something really good and smell the aroma as the oven heats up the house)

painting in winter is the best b/c there are 0 people out (esp when we get crazy snow). THis is good for people who cope with the cold well (not for me). I was on a bombing streak a year ago and would go painting in that crazy ass weather...don't think I could do it now.

I hear you about it getting dark early. it is 2:30 here. it is raining and dark. I cant complain about thrift store shopping though. Minus the crackout bitches who decide to change in the iisle next to you. The benefit is having a Veterans hospital in my neighborhood, you got veterans donating some really ill stuff to the thrift stores.

Anytime i start feeling depressed...i go for a run if it's not too cold out.

Either that or i go to the gym and lift weights or pull my weights out from under my bed, light up a doobie, throw on some drum and bass and start doing mad curls and bench presses like Kevin Spacey in Amnerican Beauty. Nowi know why the jocks love working out so much because it makes you feel like you can kick anyone's ass.

Winter is great! It is by far the most beautiful time of year. I love getting all geared up in jackets/beanies/hoodies/gloves/longjohns...etc....makes me feel like Gundam when i go out. heh heh

VIVA WINTER!

Except in summer and spring is when all the hot asian chicks come out of the woodwork

Archived