searching for those odd-balls

blahblahblah

I've been searching for nothing but story/sound records for a while. Any one else out there enjoy finding ridiculous shit on record?

some recent finds

-portugues(sp) language course record

-morse code instructional

-maytag repair record

-"how to hypnotize yourself" clear orange LP

also, i got tons of old story records from spider-man to the hobbit if anyone is interested in trading.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer

shit blah, those are some good scores.

i can't say i actively look for what you've got there,

but if i find stuff like that i scoop it up.

i've got plenty of weird shit. i'll get back....i gotta

go to work.

Guest blood as ink

my friend has the jonestown choir record test press...found it at a garage sale...score!

i have fat albert's halloween record

and rca's train sounds...that's a 78.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Got an album of Christmas carols sung in spanish by a 2nd grade student choir, some the bros. Grimms tales narrated by a nice old lady, and my favorite... the entire Menudo rock opera, dialogues and all. Beer,

El Mamerro

german beer drinking songs are a dime a dozen dude and they have at least 4 copies of "eye of the tiger" at every vintage record shop i go to. I'm interested in what the sound effect records are.

just got the hobbit 7 inch the other day and the story of how the camel got his hump.

baptist preacher records are awesome, spider man vs. Draco is a nice little find.

i'm looking for any 78 story records. Any one willing to trade?

Guest BROWNer

i have a harry partch box set record....

one of them is him talking about his home made instruments w/sounds....

i have a slimnastics record and a bunch of cheez work out records....

some stockhausen...if you don't know...

some pierre henry....etcetry..i'ma have to go look through my record boxes..

there's some good stuff in there.....also; don't sleep on thrift store cheapy tapes...

you can get the most fucked up shit.....anything from richard simmons tapes

to tapes about alchoholism to tapes about parasites in the body and tapes about

doctors commiting suicide....i should look through my old tapes too...

blahblah...you got any jean-jaques perrey stuff?

Guest chicken bone

i have about two crates full of bbc sound effect records from the 60's and 70's and short/novel story records too.

i found them all at a local library. i was wandering around in the back and i spotted a whole shelf of records, and asked them if they needed them anymore, and they said no and let me take them away. it was even a good thing for them considering all those records were taking up space.

so go to your local/school library and chances are you can steal/buy/recieve a lot of cool vinyl.

i have a couple of 78's but i gotta spin the platter by hand haha

Re: OK beat this..

Originally posted by shameless self promotion

Got myself 5 count em, 5 huckleberry hound records..from the year 1945...all from kellogs company cereal, cause my grandpa sent in all these box tops...hahaha!

if you are willing to part with any of these i'll make an offer you probably will refuse.

so far one of my best finds was the Laugh-In album. "It's a facaaaaadddddeee"

Originally posted by ASER1NE

.....so we took a couple like bob marley and threw the rest like frisbee's at the wall

just so you know, if i had witnessed that i would be forced to shove the broken shards of record down your throat...:beat:

weird records i have:

quotable quotes of the 1940's

wild turkey calls 7"

"the long continuous A note" (A record i found at a garage sale... a regular double sided 12", no sleeve or label on the record, and all it plays is an uninterupted synthesized A note...:confused: )

planet of the apes comic book with 7" that reads it with voices and everything

car crash sounds 7"

i know there's more... gotta delve into the archives...

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

just so you know, if i had witnessed that i would be forced to shove the broken shards of record down your throat...:beat:

that woulda been cool , we coulda had a big record fight like ninjas with throwing stars , except non-pointy round versions

no seriously it was hilarious fun , we took a bunch of good/old ones , but sharp broken record shards flying all over the place spells good times in my book

ooooooohhhhh....boogie hands...sick...I have that LP on vinyl also...Survivor.-also Three Dog Night and perfect copy of AC/DC's "Black in Black" still in the plastic wrapping-tons of Al Green and Marvin,Jim Croce,and Buffalo Springfield.among many others.

Originally posted by ASER1NE

that woulda been cool , we coulda had a big record fight like ninjas with throwing stars , except non-pointy round versions

absolutely!! :lol: i must admit it's quite entertaining to watch vinyl shatter, but if it's not already cracked or something, i could never destroy a record... that would be like crushing a kitten's skull in my hands...:(

Archived