Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

searching for those odd-balls

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by blahblahblah, Feb 4, 2002.

1. blahblahblah

blahblahblah Veteran Member

I've been searching for nothing but story/sound records for a while. Any one else out there enjoy finding ridiculous shit on record?

some recent finds
    -portugues(sp) language course record
    -morse code instructional
    -maytag repair record
    -"how to hypnotize yourself" clear orange LP

also, i got tons of old story records from spider-man to the hobbit if anyone is interested in trading.

2. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

shit blah, those are some good scores.
    i can't say i actively look for what you've got there,
    but if i find stuff like that i scoop it up.
    i've got plenty of weird shit. i'll get back....i gotta
    go to work.

3. and now you choke

and now you choke Elite Member

hey blah, the girl that arms was drooling over got a new double lp set of tales from the crypt -esque stories and whatnot. it's fuckin' beautiful.

4. blood as ink

blood as ink Guest

my friend has the jonestown choir record test press...found it at a garage sale...score!

i have fat albert's halloween record
    and rca's train sounds...that's a 78.

5. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

pregnancy excercise record with hot voice samples as well as a kickin voice soundtrack!

6. Got an album of Christmas carols sung in spanish by a 2nd grade student choir, some the bros. Grimms tales narrated by a nice old lady, and my favorite... the entire Menudo rock opera, dialogues and all. Beer,

El Mamerro

7. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

all i got is my bill cosby records, but my turntable plays everything a minor third faster than the original speed
    i wish it worked so everything didnt sound so fast

8. RaiD

RaiD Guest

i got an atrack cassette that was made by ford moter company in 1979... its got some jams on that shit...

9. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

a huge stack of sound effect records, german beer drinking songs and how to belly dance....

10. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

...oh, and "eye of the tiger"...
    you know your jelouse

11. blahblahblah

blahblahblah Veteran Member

german beer drinking songs are a dime a dozen dude and they have at least 4 copies of "eye of the tiger" at every vintage record shop i go to. I'm interested in what the sound effect records are.

just got the hobbit 7 inch the other day and the story of how the camel got his hump.

baptist preacher records are awesome, spider man vs. Draco is a nice little find.

i'm looking for any 78 story records. Any one willing to trade?

12. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

i have a harry partch box set record....
    one of them is him talking about his home made instruments w/sounds....
    i have a slimnastics record and a bunch of cheez work out records....
    some stockhausen...if you don't know...
    some pierre henry....etcetry..i'ma have to go look through my record boxes..
    there's some good stuff in there.....also; don't sleep on thrift store cheapy tapes...
    you can get the most fucked up shit.....anything from richard simmons tapes
    to tapes about alchoholism to tapes about parasites in the body and tapes about
    doctors commiting suicide....i should look through my old tapes too...
    blahblah...you got any jean-jaques perrey stuff?

13. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

OK beat this..

Got myself 5 count em, 5 huckleberry hound records..from the year 1945...all from kellogs company cereal, cause my grandpa sent in all these box tops...hahaha!

14. chicken bone

chicken bone Guest

i have about two crates full of bbc sound effect records from the 60's and 70's and short/novel story records too.

i found them all at a local library. i was wandering around in the back and i spotted a whole shelf of records, and asked them if they needed them anymore, and they said no and let me take them away. it was even a good thing for them considering all those records were taking up space.

so go to your local/school library and chances are you can steal/buy/recieve a lot of cool vinyl.

i have a couple of 78's but i gotta spin the platter by hand haha

15. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

we were walking down the rails behind this industrial park and foud a bunch of old records under a staircase...........so we took a couple like bob marley and threw the rest like frisbee's at the wall