Search 4 Search Engines

BIGBLUE

GOOD BYE TO GOOGLE AND YAHOO

LISTENING TO TALK RADIO SO DAMM MUCH .YOU OCCASIONALLY STUMBLE UPON SOME GOOD INFORMATION . THIS IS ABOUT SEARCH ENGINES , THIS ONE IN PARTICULAR USES GOOGLE ,YAHOO AND A FEW OTHERS TO GENERATE A MORE CONCENTRATED QUERY. IT SELECTS THE BEST AND MOST FREQUENTLY SITES AND PAGES RELATED TO THE WHAT EVER IT IS YOU CAN TYPE INTO THE SEARCH BAR. SO BOOK MARK IT OR POST YOUR FAVORITE AND HELP A FELLOW NET NERD YA HEARD

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

don't think so.

dogpile is a meta-engine and is not sophisticated enough to create it's own algorithm and has no market share even though it's been out for a while.

MSN is going to be coming out with its own search engine spider in the new year and i'm curious to see what they come up with since they have much money to throw at the effort.

fast.com and teoma.com also provide relevant results and were once touted as a competitor for google, but there's a reason google remains on top, and came out of nowhere within the past 2 yrs.

Yahoo! just bought Inktomi, AltaVista and Fast. and Yahoo! was bought by Overture, so if you use Yahoo! (which is Google results by default) your results will be changing.

this crap is my job.

Originally posted by ubejinxed

dogpile is a meta-engine and is not sophisticated enough to create it's own algorithm and has no market share even though it's been out for a while.

interesting,

but i didnt really understand the top part.. what do you mean its not sophisticated enough to have its own algorithm? and has no market share? meaning not enough users for them to put resources into it?

Archived