SDRE breaks up (again)

EatMorGlue

it's a goddamn shame. from the official site:

6/08/01 - Regretfully, it is my duty to inform you all that Sunny Day Real Estate has split and gone their seperate ways. As

a friend, I have promised not to quote any of the band members themselves, but I can tell you some of the major factors, as well as what may come next. The band was met with a string of bad luck, including troubles with management companies. Another major blow came to the band when Arista dropped Time Bomb Recordings, making the European tour and advertising for a new album near impossible. As frustrations built, progress on the new album became stagnant at times. Not wanting to build personal tensions, the band decided to split up indefinitely.

As for the future, Dan Hoerner has at least 2 albums worth of material meant for Sunny Day which he intends to pick up

on with a new band. Jeremy will most likely begin work on a second solo album, while Will may already have a new

band lined up.

In the coming days, look to this website to serve as official rumor control, especially in the messageboards I predict.

Keep in mind that this is typical Sunny Day fashion, I wouldn't count them out forever (wink wink nudge nudge), but for

now, lets enjoy all the music they've given us and wish them luck on their future endeavors.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Archived