a few months ago i was told

the hardcore metalcore etc. im listening to is shit

and the bands had no talent

but wait, add some whiny chorus into it

and lighten the tone a bit and its gold

i know this is a pointless rant

but i can hear my roommate

listening to a cd in the other room right now

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty much any music that is hard and metaly with evil growling 'screaming' about how she doesnt love you anymore, but then also has singy parts complaining about how she doesnt love you anymore is 'screamo'. lincoln park is an insanely generic version. thursday and cursive are a little more borderline 'cool', but still sucky IMO.

the problem is that some bands do it well. hopesfall, poison the well, etc. then a ton of other bands just suck.

and yes, i'm amazed at how big its gotten also.

i was just at a show in wilmington delaware, with 250 16 year old kids, all mad at something...but the thing is, they werent even mad. they were all happy and laughy, they just listened to angry music.

i kind of didnt get it.

i listen to angry music because i hate my life and theres only so much skin i can cut in order to stop the pain of the lonliness, ya know... but these kids arent cutters, they're cheerleaders and math geeks.

it's stupid.

if you're going to hate yourself, because she does, do it right, quit being a pussy.

seeks/this post was put out as a collection of four limited edition colored vinyl 7"s on trust kill records.

I drop science like girls be droppin' babies,

Enough to make a nigga go cra-a-azy,

In the G-building,

Takin' all types of medicine,

Your ass thought you were better than,

Ason, I keep planets in orbit,

While I be comin' with deeper and more shit,

Enough to make and bake and shake your ass and clock and take,

Rhymes good as a tasty cake, make, this style, I'm masterin',

Niggas catchin' headaches, what, what? You need Aspirin,

This type of pain, you couldn't even kill with Midol,

Fuck around get sprayed with Lysol,

In your face like a can of mace, baby,

Is it burnin? Well, fuck, now you're learnin',

How, I don't even like your motherfuckin' profile,

Give me my fuckin' shit, (Ch-ch...plow!)

Not seen and heard, no one knows, you forget,

Niggas be quiet as kept,

Now you know nuthin', before you knew a whole fuckin' lot,

Your ass don't wanna get shot,

Originally posted by seeking

i listen to angry music because i hate my life and theres only so much skin i can cut in order to stop the pain of the lonliness, ya know... but these kids arent cutters, they're cheerleaders and math geeks.

it's stupid.

if you're going to hate yourself, because she does, do it right, quit being a pussy.

you're right about the cutter-core aspect of most music. fuck the kids and their self-righteous "dance parties" and zines. "fuck happy."

trustkill is pressing my clear/yellow/red/blue/polka dot limited edition demo outtakes from a side project of a guy that used to live down the hall from a guy in walls of jericho, pre-orders start soon, you in?

/i hate the kids.

camaaaan...

Screamo is the newest scene to be bastardized and put into easy to swallow caplets for 14-year olds around the country, with bands that I haven't even heard of as the leaders of this brand new movement (which actually started over a decade ago).

Screamo is the new label for any band that has whiny singing and the bassist screaming as an echo for what the singer had just said about his girlfriend leaving him.

The stuff that these crappy bands is truely emotional stuff, however, and I honestly suggest that you give it a listen.

Give Ethel Meserve a listen if you want something emotional... or Portraits of Past.

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

trustkill is pressing my clear/yellow/red/blue/polka dot limited edition demo outtakes from a side project of a guy that used to live down the hall from a guy in walls of jericho, pre-orders start soon, you in?

haha, walls off jericho are the homies. apparently the new album is the greatest thing ever recorded....

SCREAMO IS NO JOKE.

ive seriously lost like 5 friends because they started listning to this bullshit. they all turned pussy sxe emo. they renounced everything they listned to before saying that it was immature. ie death metal, grindcore, punk, hardcore, black metal.

yeah, i hate that shit.

18 visions can lick my ballsack

Originally posted by seeking

pretty much any music that is hard and metaly with evil growling 'screaming' about how she doesnt love you anymore, but then also has singy parts complaining about how she doesnt love you anymore is 'screamo'. lincoln park is an insanely generic version. thursday and cursive are a little more borderline 'cool', but still sucky IMO.

the problem is that some bands do it well. hopesfall, poison the well, etc. then a ton of other bands just suck.

and yes, i'm amazed at how big its gotten also.

i was just at a show in wilmington delaware, with 250 16 year old kids, all mad at something...but the thing is, they werent even mad. they were all happy and laughy, they just listened to angry music.

i kind of didnt get it.

it's stupid.

seeks/this post was put out as a collection of four limited edition colored vinyl 7"s on trust kill records.

I guess I havea adifferent impression of screAmo. why is there no A in everyone's version?

Cursive is screamo? ptw?

Anyone listen to The Assistant? or Stop it!

I consider PTW and Thursday straight indy rock. they're not hardcore, they're too generic and redundant to be screamo. when i think of screamo I think of more jumpy bands, as in, their song structure's are all over the place....kind of, going out of their way to be different. Which sometimes I'm into, usually I'm not.

But, The Assistant is the greatest band that's ever existed. PTW is kinda bad. Cursive would never enter into my head regarding screamo, but they are one of the best bands ever, although slightly disappointing live.

What bands are you guys referring to when you say "Screamo"?

Fuck that shit....

I see 'em all the time........little whiny bastards and stupid giggly girls that wear pants 2 sizes too small with thier Pabst Blue Ribbon t-shirts and mesh caps while listening to Good Charlette and The Yeah,Yeah,Yeahs....

Cipher:

Good call on the Assistant. Their song on the Antipodes Compilation is so brutal its not even funny.

Piebald is a rare band... they had two seperate points when they were amazing for different genres... the end of their hardcore days ie. the split with Cave In, and Even After Thirteen Years..., but on top of that, "When Life Hands you Lemons" is one of my favorite indie records.

And if you'd like to categorize screamy hardcore as 'screamo' then all of those Gravity Recs. bands dont fit the whole 'my girlfriend broke up with me' mold... at all. Antioch Arrow and Angel Hair were so intense.

Originally posted by Harpo Marx

Cipher:

Good call on the Assistant. Their song on the Antipodes Compilation is so brutal its not even funny.

Piebald is a rare band... they had two seperate points when they were amazing for different genres... the end of their hardcore days ie. the split with Cave In, and Even After Thirteen Years..., but on top of that, "When Life Hands you Lemons" is one of my favorite indie records.

And if you'd like to categorize screamy hardcore as 'screamo' then all of those Gravity Recs. bands dont fit the whole 'my girlfriend broke up with me' mold... at all. Antioch Arrow and Angel Hair were so intense.

Yeah man, Piebald shouldn't have gotten back together. Or at least, they shouldn't have released anything else, and just toured older material. I know, I'm selfish, they're doing their thing, whatever.

I saw The Assistant's new band, The Last Will Be The First....not nearly as good, but still cool to see that girl doin' her thing.

ForstellaFord was quality too.

Nomadawhat--Sorry, I'll try to stick by everyone else's guidelines better.