Screech: Can't Sell a Chess Video on eBay

DETO

<span style='color:pink'>Last week, Dustin Diamond -- once known as Screech on the TV show Saved by the Bell -- apparently failed in an "internet court" arbitration to procure dustindiamond.com. (Yes, I know: I'm still having a hard time believing this isn't an elaborate joke.)

http://www.gawker.com/topic/screech-thumb.jpg'>

At legal issue in ownership of the domain name: just how famous is Screech these days? In the response to complaint, Max Goldberg, the operator of dustindiamond.com, says:

Mr. Diamond’s attorneys have sadly overstated the extent of their client’s renown and the value of his “brand.” This becomes embarrassingly clear when they attempt to support their claim by pointing to their client’s video, “Dustin Diamond Teaches Chess.” Their Exhibit H shows an advertisement for the video on a nonexistent web site [EXHIBIT G]. Their Exhibit I shows a listing (not an advertisement, as they claim) for the video on eBay from February 3, 2004, shortly before the complaint was filed. It is very possible that the eBay offer was posted by Mr. Diamond or his representatives. Apparently Mr. Diamond’s legal team can find no evidence that “Dustin Diamond Teaches Chess” is anything but a self-published vanity project, one that does not support the claim that the name “Dustin Diamond” has acquired secondary meaning.

Harsh, dude. This is a clear wake-up call for C-list actors and reality stars everywhere: sock that money away, because your future is fucked.</span>

Screech v. Goldberg

Response to Complaint

Dustin Diamond dot com

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by ARCEL

anyone ever just lose it and make a sandwich without a plate? i'm breaking the boundaries tonight

ARCEL is definitely not appreciated enough 'round these parts.

Archived