1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

SCOTUS

Discussion in 'News' started by Milton, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Milton

Milton 12oz Senior Member

SCOTUS

Discussion started by Milton - Nov 23, 2005

I'm a nerd, I can't help it.

I dream of one day sitting on the court and getting vanity plates for my whip that say JUSTICE or SCOTUS.

My favorite Justice of the day is Mr. Justice Antonin Scalia. I dislike a great deal of what he stands for including rampant idealism. Collective religious conservatism. Lack of equal treatment for homosexuals, but dude is just so funny. Not to mention so damn logical.

Quotables:
    "St. Paul has no such authority to license one side of a debate to fight freestyle, while requiring the other to follow Marquis of Queensbury Rules." RAV v. St. Paul (Majority opinion discussing content based speech laws.)

"Consulting states that bar the death penalty concerning the necessity of making an exception for offenders under 18 is rather like including old-order Amishmen in a consumer-preference poll on the electric car." Roper v. Simmons (In dissent, arguing that states which bar the death penalty should not be counted in determining a national consensus on the issue of the death penalty for minors.)

"No government official is "tempted" to place restraints upon his own freedom of action, which is why Lord Acton did not say "Power tends to purify." The Court's temptation is in the quite opposite and more natural direction -- towards systematically eliminating checks upon its own power; and it succumbs." Planned Parenthood v. Casey (In dissent discussing the court's claim that it was tempted to use the political question doctrine to remove the abortion question from the scope of the courts powers.)

"I find it a sufficient embarrassment that our Establishment Clause jurisprudence regarding holiday displays has come to require scrutiny more commonly associated with interior decorators than with the judiciary." Lee v. Weisman (In dissent arguing against the courts holding that prayer at graduation is unconstitutional under establishment clause.)

"Perhaps the dissenters believe that 'offense to others' ought to be the only reason for restricting nudity in public places generally. . . . The purpose of Indiana's nudity law would be violated, I think, if 60,000 fully consenting adults crowded into the Hoosierdome to display their genitals to one another, even if there were not an offended innocent in the crowd." Barnes v. Glen Theater, Inc. (Concurring in the court upholding an Indiana indecency law.)

Feel Free to Beef...

Milton - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. angelofdeath

angelofdeath 12oz Elite Member

angelofdeath - Replied Nov 23, 2005

i dont think we agree on the issues to much Milton, but scalia is my man as well.

angelofdeath - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

KING BLING - Replied Nov 23, 2005

I like the quote regarding the death penalty - 'since they aren't hip to killing anyone how can they possibly have something to say about killing children.'

In a big family the first child is kind of like the first pancake. If it's not perfect, that's okay, there are a lot more coming along.
    Antonin Scalia

Mere factual innocence is no reason not to carry out a death sentence properly reached
    Antonin Scalia

[The Freedom of Information Act is] the Taj Mahal of the Doctrine of Unanticipated Consequences, the Sistine Chapel of Cost-Benefit Analysis Ignored.
    Antonin Scalia

To be honest about it, that is the view of Christians taken by modern society. Surely those who adhere to all or most of these traditional Christian beliefs are to be regarded as simpleminded.
    Antonin Scalia

4. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Poop Man Bob - Replied Nov 23, 2005

"Mere factual innocence is no reason not to carry out a death sentence properly reached
    Antonin Scalia"

Logical?

And, yes, I understand the difference between factual innocence reached through improper procedural means and factual innocence reached through proper procedural means. But I'd disagree with the logic of his statement - that a truly, factually innocent person should be executed simply because his trial/appeals adhered to procedural due process requirements.

In other words, if a dude is innocent, he shouldn't die - regardless of what fucking jury said so.

Poop Man Bob - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. Milton

Milton 12oz Senior Member

Milton - Replied Nov 23, 2005

PMB,

You're almost done eh?

Milton - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

KING BLING - Replied Nov 23, 2005

Another quote:

"Now tell me the truth boys, is this kind of fun?"

Tom DeLay to 3 children Katrina survivors in a Houston shelter

7. Dawood

Dawood 12oz Elite Member

Dawood - Replied Nov 23, 2005

Ok, I got beef,
    Why should a man who likes another mans hairy anus receive equal treatment? Would you let your kids sleep over Gay uncle Petes house along with his live in "buddy" Damon? What kind of equal treatment are you talking about anyway? Like the right to equally get thrown off a cliff right next to Father fondle and Chester the molester?
    Ok, maybe I'm being too harsh....you guys know me by now, I'm not an unreasonable guy. But I still don't understand our societys (and especially young peoples) newfound tolerance to homos. When I was growing up, The lowest of low was a fag. But now it's like fags are just like everyone else, Just the queer guy who works in the next department. And women are so openly gay or bisexual these days.
    Whats the deal? can someone explain the mindset of these people to me? The people I deal with on a day to day basis are not remotely gay. So honestly, this thing is foreign to me. It just seems like in the past 10 years or so Homosexuality has really popped off and people are all gayed out now. Like it's just a normal way to be or something.
    Didn't anybody notice when AIDS hit? It seems like people don't pay much attention to the clear signs. Anyway, i'm sure the arguments will start now, people will call me a homophobe etc etc. ,thats ok. I just wonder why straight people defend homos nowadays, can anyone answer that for me? Maybe Gay is just "in".

Dawood - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. yum

yum 12oz Junior Member

yum - Replied Nov 23, 2005

if you knew any gays you probably wouldnt be tlaking such simpleminded shit, fortunately for you your religion shelters you from anything foreign. sure there are sexual deviants among gays (maybe even more proportionately to straights) but there are plenty of striaght child molesters and fucks like that too.

i liek it how fuckwits liek you who are yourself a minority (muslim i odnt even know if youre black or not) are often the first to abuse and opress other minorities

yum - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  9. Dawood

Dawood 12oz Elite Member

Dawood - Replied Nov 23, 2005

I mean, If I knew gay people, Which I do, (I just don't choose to associate with them) and had I the authority to do so, I would ask them if they wanted help for their disease, If they chose to remain Gay without seeking help or showing any remorse or willingness to change then, off the cliff......and what is your defenition of a sexual deviant? wouldnt you consider someone who enjoys things in their anus a deviant? Or is anus inserting perfectly normal behavior to you?
    Also, don't group Homosexuals with Blacks etc. etc. Black folks were born black , somebodys blackness or whiteness is something that cannot be seen as a fault because it is just how they were created. The homo, on the other hand has mutated into this condition of homosexuality from his original, pure state of being.

Dawood - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  10. John Birch

John Birch 12oz Member

John Birch - Replied Nov 24, 2005

people who are gay are born that way. Like some people are born Irish.
    (although I theorize some people are tramautized into homosexuality)

Like I don't choose to like girls... i just do...pussy gives me a hard on, not rock hudson...

many people shouldn't breed anyway, but that shouldn't foreclude them from helping to raise our children.

I was brought up very anti-gay (working-class Boston catholic) and generally speaking, none of my friends are gay.
    I don't have much in common with that group, much like I don't hang with mongolians...

but I realized as I got older that people who are the most homophobic are usually self-hating fags themselves.
    Me? I'm live and let live. So although I was against gay marriage and shit, now I don't give a fuck either/either...

John Birch - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  11. angelofdeath

angelofdeath 12oz Elite Member

angelofdeath - Replied Nov 24, 2005

"Also, don't group Homosexuals with Blacks etc. etc. Black folks were born black , somebodys blackness or whiteness is something that cannot be seen as a fault because it is just how they were created. The homo, on the other hand has mutated into this condition of homosexuality from his original, pure state of being."

exactly. homosexuality is learned. for the people who dont believe this, where is evidence of a "gay gene?"

angelofdeath - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  12. John Birch

John Birch 12oz Member

John Birch - Replied Nov 24, 2005

genetics is a very young science. the human genome was completly mapped just a few yeas ago. It will take decades if not centuries to fully figure it out.

But more importantly, homosexuality is most likely not genetic. If it was there would be sub-groups/ethnic groups of gays. Which is impossible because they generally don't breed. Homosexuality is evenly distributed throughtout the human population, which suggests to me thats its biological...

and btw, about using evidence and shit, wheres the proof gay people choose to go gay?

:chicken:

John Birch - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. Krakatau

Krakatau 12oz Member

Krakatau - Replied Nov 24, 2005

How did this thread get off on the genetic basis for homosexuality?
    Damn yall.

Krakatau - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  14. BURLAP

BURLAP 12oz Member

BURLAP - Replied Nov 24, 2005

dude, men in general are sexual deviants. think about it.

BURLAP - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  15. yum

yum 12oz Junior Member

yum - Replied Nov 24, 2005

dude, men in general are sexual deviants. think about it.
    [post=4181946]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    doesnt that contradict itself?

and you cant just say osmethign is wrong because of lack of evidence proving it angelofdeath, not that i have ever spent any time considerign whether there is a gay gene, but its caleld an appeal to ignorance :innocent:

yum - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages: