scorpions and cactus

NeRVe54

so i wanted to grow a san pedro cactus (or a peruvian torch for anyone in the know)

i decided i would buy a tall fishtank, a few bags of cactus fertilizer, and to top it off, scorpions.

now heres my dilemna: the fertilizer or soil or whatever has miracle grow in it. will that

A. effect the scorpion (irritate his body/joints or w/e)?

B. effect the cactus or its 'shamanistic' purposes?

or C. not matter even a fuckin bit?

anyone who knows anything about plants, scorpions, or chemicals, id appreciate some educated/experienced help. thank you. peace

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah but sitting in it 24 hours a day, exo skeleton or not... i assume it might/could effect him. im also pretty concerned about the effect it may have on my cactus, as i have heard many a rumor of other plants 'beneficial' qualities being destroyed with the plant itself only LOOKING beautiful.

and again, i am talkin about a legal cactus (just mentioning for good measure)

also with all due respect to uhh, 12oz... can you all please refrain from any discussion of, and or any direct statements referring to the use of or cultivation of any illegal or scheduled substances.... good look.

All mature actively growing cacti need to be fed occasionally. It is best to use a formula specifically designed for cactus like 7-40-6. (Nitrogen, phosphorus, potash) Use a mixture with a low ratio of nitrogen, as cacti can be burned by it. A commercial formula such as miracle grow or rapid grow can be used, but should be diluted to half strength. I have heard that "cactus juice" brand by Sudbury (1-7-6), is highly recommended. Regular Bone Meal, available at most Garden Centers, makes an excellent organic fertilizer. Don't forget the macro-nutrients like Iron (Fe), Calcium (Ca), Sulfur (S), and Magnesium (Mg). Also important are the micro-nutrients Copper (Cu), Zinc (Zn), and Manganese (Mn).

San Pedro especially, does very well indoors behind glass. A location where the plant gets at least 4 hours a day of bright, direct sunlight is ideal. The best possible situation would be a South facing sliding glass door, and a reflective screen placed behind the Cactus to redirect and concentrate the light.

Many Cacti have beautiful and fragrant flowers, but they can be quite hard to get to bloom. The optimal conditions to induce flowering are, a cooler temperature (especially at night), reduced day length (12 hours or less), and variations in nutrients (lower nitrogen levels). Try putting your Cactus in a dark, unheated garage (not below freezing) for a few weeks. Forcing can also be done inside, but you need a place next to lots of glass that stays cooler than the rest of the house.

here

it aint really nobody i could ask. thats why i just brough it here. but good look casek, i got what you meant but i didnt wanna go join a new forum if i coulda just got a quick answer here. for the most part that above statement helped. now im just curious if the scorpion will be cool like that w/ the miracle grow.

casek im gonna further refer this question to where you sent me if i cant find sufficient facts, etc. but good looks.

mar thank you. i figured that was pretty much the case, just cause i know scorpions are surviving ass bugs, and what with an exo skeleton and all. so ill see how shit goes.

anyone got any idea what the best lighting situation would be to best accomodate the 2 of them..... actually it will be more like the 4 of them, as i intend to buy maybe 2 more scorpions...

Originally posted by MAR@Feb 23 2006, 03:25 AM

as far as your bug it should be fine. you have to spray those things directly with insecticide to kill them.

I got into this huge fight with a black widow a couple weeks ago. They're tough as hell. I had caught it in a glass and sprayed it several times with "Raid." The thing would not die. I had to hit it with this big book...

Originally posted by Milton+Feb 23 2006, 04:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Milton - Feb 23 2006, 04:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MAR@Feb 23 2006, 03:25 AM

as far as your bug it should be fine. you have to spray those things directly with insecticide to kill them.

I got into this huge fight with a black widow a couple weeks ago. They're tough as hell. I had caught it in a glass and sprayed it several times with "Raid." The thing would not die. I had to hit it with this big book...

[/b]

A cat would have done the trick.