scorpion in the house

T.T Boy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Please describe the scorpion in terms of size, color, claw size, and tail thickness. I've had scorpions before and would like to venture a guess at what kind it is.

You're in Europe right now, right?

kidnapped? will there be a ransom note>

when i lived in colorado we found a black widow in our house once. we caught it and kept in as a pet in a jar for a bit. one day i was trying to put a fly in the jar to feed him and he rushed toward the top, freaked me out, i dropped the jar and had to crush the poor guy b/c he was making a break for under the couch... so don't do that.

Originally posted by ese

you need to trap a second, so you can fight them for money. I'd expect you to be on top of this already...shit.

When fighting small animals the best way to handicap them is to measure the weights and use the proportional weight as a guideline. Then you have to account somewhat for how activity and if one has substantially bigger claws etc...

mams: the scorpion wasnt so big, now that ive sobered up. it was say and inch and a half long, with much larger claws than anything else on its body. its was a brownish colour, but seemed to get darker when it got pissed off. im in italy, so if your regional scorpion knowledge is on point you may have guessed it already.

ese: we tried to find another, or a spider, but we did not, finding one was cool enough. sorry no pics as of yet, the guys took some but im nor sure if theyre uploaded.

id also like to note my huge paranoia of bugs, and how my friends pretended to drop the glass and break it next to my bare feet. witha false scorpion made of ape inside it for extra fear factor. and then we had the idea to light it on fire and do a shooter of flaming scorpion with whisky. but it was released.

A shooter of flaming scorpion would have been THE gangsterest shit I've ever heard in my life. You should have done it.

Anyways, you had probably caught an Euscorpius italicus:

http://melkor.unibe.ch:8080/philnat/benjamin.gantenbein.1/resources/ITALICUS.JPG'>

"This species is often associated with relatively dry stone walls of houses where it inhabits crevices. E. italicus is found in Italy and Switzerland. This thermophilic species is endangered in Switzerland because of the reduction of dry habitats due to succesion and due to the disappearing of natural stone walls."

Or an Euscorpius flavicus:

http://melkor.unibe.ch:8080/philnat/benjamin.gantenbein.1/resources/Flavi.JPG'>

"This species occurs in the South of France and in Northern Italy. It occurs from 0-500 m altitude."

Either way, they're pretty much harmless, and you should have drunk it. Don't miss the opportunity if you catch one again.

In related news, there's an article on this month's National Geographic on camel spiders.

^Yeah, I had two of those for a while. They were pretty rad, I kinda miss them (especially putting them on sleeping people's chests and then waking them up)... might have to go get another pair.

yeah mams, that was it except it was slightly lighter, i guess a tannish gray colour. now that i know a flaming scorpion shooter is possible i may have to do one. i was pretty stoked on seeing a real live scorpion, i mean, there are too many where i grew up, but watching it get pissed and defend itself was awesome.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

^Yeah, I had two of those for a while. They were pretty rad, I kinda miss them (especially putting them on sleeping people's chests and then waking them up)... might have to go get another pair.

Emperor Scorpion?

Hey man, I live in Texas, and we've got those yellow colored ones that are litteraly DEADLY.... and they're small.... those and there's a handful of other species that inhabit this southern region.

My step bro (the one with the dreadlocks) used to sleep on the floor in my room when he first moved in with us..... one night, he was laying there, and I had just walked in the room, and it looked like he was scratching his stomache, and in about one second flat, he went from laying down scratching, to standing up dancing and screaming like a little nancy school girl. Sure enough, this scorpion drops on the ground, it had stung the dickens out of him and he had this big red welt on his stomache for like a week. HahAHAHH not funny.

:lol:

Archived