scoliosis?

potsticker

i've been diagnosed with scoliosis, and as a result i have to wear this big plastic brace around my whole midsection. it sucks alot. it's hot, and itchy, and really really uncomfortable - not to mention it makes my ass look pointy. I've had this thing for about 8 months now, and im supposed to wear it 18 hours a day every day in order to stop the curvature of my spine.....but i havent exactly worn it that much. i occasionally sleep with it on, but usually i just leave it on the floor by my bed.

im afraid to wear it out - especially painting, because i fear it will restrict my movement etc. but at the same time its good protection against being stabbed....

anybody else have similar experiences? stories?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by »§ÜGÅR«@Jan 26 2005, 05:54 AM

:( sorry, that sucks

did you see a chiropractor for it? Maybe some adjustments might help.

yes. ive gone to everybody, even an acupuncturist.

none of it helped.

the orthopedic guy i see at my local hospital said that if the curvature gets much worse, they might have to graft a metal rod to my spine.

fuck.

You need to do some detective work and find one of those old chinese men that know how to heal, through some sacred knowledge. One might not have much faith in these healers, but I've heard some first hand accounts.

p.s. not your "placebo, pull some chicken guts out of your stomach in the phillipines" type shit either

Originally posted by iquit@Jan 26 2005, 04:14 PM

i go to a massage therapist sometimes.

the only thing that makes my back not kill me, is cracking it on the regular. lean back in the chair, and my spine fucking explodes back into place. i do it like 3 times a day every day. probably not great for me in the long term.

i do this also.

Originally posted by anonymity1@Jan 26 2005, 07:09 AM

You need to do some detective work and find one of those old chinese men that know how to heal, through some sacred knowledge. One might not have much faith in these healers, but I've heard some first hand accounts.

p.s. not your "placebo, pull some chicken guts out of your stomach in the phillipines" type shit either

my girl has taken me to a few ill chinese doctors. even an accupunturist. some real old school shit where the guy is checking my pulse and telling me what's wrong with my whole system. i'm skeptical about some of it but i do believe that chinese medicine is on some next shit.

A kid I went to highschool with had the nasty scoliosis... literally, this kid looked like the crooked old man with his crooked old knickles, dog, and dildos from Mother Goose and Grim. Nice guy, felt bad for him.

Can't that shit be life-threatening if it gets too drastic? Something about mashing up your organs and verterbrae duking it out with your armpits?

damn..im smokin a blunt for you right now..i remember in like 6th grade they tested all the kids for scoliosis,i realized how horrible it would be to have that shit..painting must be a hastle,i broke my collar bone soo i couldnt fill my letters back and forth,it was only ups and downs.

my mom has very severe scoliosis as a result of a disease she's got.

it's really painful for her constantly.

i would reccomend wearing the brace whenever the doctor tells you too.

it might be a pain, and hot and itchy as fuck, but what if it prevented you from becoming old and decrepit at a young age? you don't wanna be the 25 year old guy who throws his back out while he's having sex or can't walk up a flight of stairs at 30.

sorry to hear that. I really had no idea scoliosis was so prevalent in younger people. seems like a few more people have it than I would have thought.

just wear the brace. Looking back, I wish I would of wore my damn retainer as musch as I was told, now I have a few teeth all out of wack. that bugs me, i can only imagine if it was my back.