Scanner

Telo

I have been sleeping on these bad boys for years. Not only did my father bring his obnoxious crew of second family to visit me some weeks back but the man also brought me a police scanner.

I only got around to setting it up and programming some stations a few days ago but i have been hooked ever since. From the time i turned it on 72hours ago it has not rested in the off position. I have heard everything already.. people firing weapons all teh way to someone "spray painting" a car wash roll down cage. I haven't listened to music or watched tv and i am sure that i will never again.

This brings me to another point...

Is anyone into the short wave radio scene.???. i remember listening to my dads radio late at night when i was a little kid and pickiung up sounds from some south american country and then picking up shit in new zealand..

anyone in to either one of these?? if so put some input in and/or memorable "scanning" stories..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest westy
Originally posted by Telo@Apr 26 2005, 03:31 AM

now that i think about it.... The short wave radio is probably obsolete because of the stupidernet...

blame it on the commies..

Or Al Gore

• 1 year later...
i've been trying to decide between FRS and CB radios...

CBs are more expensive per unit, but supposedly they work better in the city.

i just want to have about a 5 mile range in the city. and i don't know if that's gonna happen.

handhelds are going to give you nowhere near that range in a city. cb or frs. that's assuming you want handhelds. you can buy illegal "export" cb's that will cover mad frequencies and have boosted outputs though, but they're only mobile (car) or base stations.