Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Say Goodbye to the Hitachi

Discussion in 'Brick Slayers' started by Dipher, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Dipher

Dipher Guest

It will be a sad day when they finally ship these beautiful beasts to the home of the curry. Hitachis have brought so much joy into my heart that when they do finally go I will probably retire from tagging and start piecing. Or ill probably just get a car and never catch public transport again. I cant bear to think of life on Melbournes trains without Hitachis. Its like Im gonna be losing a brother. What do others think? I love the Ol Harrys. So much better for piecing, they look more Bronxy and shit and the insides have much more space to get those big black stains and you can hang out the window and tag the roof. Much better than those new Connex and M train sterile things that have cameras and are cold and make you think youre at the dentist. It will be a sad day indeed.

2. HELEX

HELEX Guest

What and the hell are you talking about?
    :confused:

3. qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop Member

i think hes talking about a model of subway car, im not sure what city tho

4. Dipher

Dipher Guest

I thought this was an Aussie site, sorry. Im from Melbourne and yes it is one of our subway car types, they are being replaced by Siemens models at the end of the year.

5. evilistic

evilistic Elite Member

hes talkin about trains that used to run in Melbourne,Australia and are being taken out of service.fuckin dope ones they were as well.

this is also the wrong forum for this...

6. Dipher

Dipher Guest

Sorry just get used to this forum.

7. PISS ONE

PISS ONE Member

heres some images of the mighty old hitachi, courtsey of pbp.no-ip.com
    http://e-genie.tv:18889/pbp/trains/273b.jpg'>
    [img]http://e-genie.tv:18889/pbp/trains/257b.jpg'>
    [img]http://e-genie.tv:18889/pbp/trains/252b.jpg'>

8. dunno?

dunno? Junior Member

It sucks

It's going to be a shitty day when they take these gems away i cant think of anyone who wouldn't rather hit them than connex's any day of the week........

9. denis

denis Guest

yeah but there keeping a few for special events so that will atleast keep me happy unless they change the sticker, then it just wont be the same.but beggers cant be choosers..:(

10. ego trippin

ego trippin Guest

Dipher, i know what you mean when you say it'll be like losing a brother. Those trains are just so familiar and comfortable. It won't be the same on a 30 degree day anymore. No more sticking your head out the window coming home from carrum or mordi beach. No more sticking your head out the window doing hangouts, or yelling drunken abuse at people on other platforms. I'm trying to paint as many as possible, before they pull the last ones out of service in december.

11. Morphius

Morphius Member

12. melburnsyou

melburnsyou Guest

wtf.. did the buffers get lazy "ehh fuck cleaning it well just dump the whole thing"

13. Jewish Task Force

Jewish Task Force Senior Member

Seems like this is happening in other places as well. The old red Copenhagen S-trains are getting replaced by round wack things. The Orange SF Muni trains all got replaced by new cars with cameras(still dope to paint). Same with busses, all bright and lit up with 6 cameras.

Its bound to happen to all systems, the car that gets bombed in the heyday of the train scene getting scrapped. Cars get old and get replaced, thats life.

The nostalgia is gone but at least there is still something to paint right?

14. Melburnian

Melburnian Guest

Im gonna miss those damn harry's...

:eek:

15. mikro137

mikro137 Guest

that neva loud is hot