SAW

!@#$%

i usually buy a DVD if i think i'm really gonna like a movie, even if i haven't seen it.

of course, the last movie i did that with was Hero, and i ended up only thinking "meh.."

before we start arguing about Hero,

this is about SAW

that horror flick. i really dig horror movies.

who saw this and liked it?

p.s. i am going to see it tonight, so don't ruin it for me by telling me stuff about it.

i already know too much.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats cool.

people always wanna divulge plot details when "it sucked donkey balls" would suffice

yeah, i'm not liking the feedback on Saw.

i also hate horror movies with copout/lame-o endings.

i've seen previews, boogeyman isn't looking too appealing either.

the japanese are some of the only people putting out decent horror these days.

:snowman:

that's because simply... the japanese are fucked. simple.

The concept of a 'haunted house' is different in Japan

and it's that spin that makes things seem for scary.

I still havent seen 'the grudge' or the japanese original,

but it's on my list.

yeah, i wasnt really feeling the grudge though as far as japanese takes on haunted houses. it was a cool concept but damn, none of that. i liked how they brought in more of a twist on japanese beliefs where if a murder takes place the energy never really leaves the space but i though the actual storyline sucked. and when they stole the whole getting sucked through the bottom of the bed thing from nightmare on elm street i had to say no.

boogie man sucks big fat nuts, i watched last night and i almost fell asleep. i surprise none of you guys have checked into those chinese horror flicks yet.... or maybe im outdated

as for saw, i liked it but i have to agree that the acting sucked. then again, that movie was the only decent horror flick at that time.

I didn't think the movie was that bad, but I was doing bong hits all throughout. The ending was terrible.

My opinion - rent it, watch it with a bong on the coffee table, and come back tomorrow and let us know what you thought.

On another note, I just got home and found a nice little nug right by the arrow keys on my keyboard.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I thought SAW was awesome. I'm a terrible person to take movie advice from, cause I'm bound to enjoy even the worst shit on film (except Catwoman).

The acting is absolutely terrible, but who gives a shit. The puzzly plot is fun and the ending, well, a lot of people will find it dumb, and it is, but I found it awesome anyways. You gotta enjoy ridiculousness to like this movie. Oh, and it's not one bit scary.

I saw "The Grudge" this weekend and it was meh. Big jump-at-you scares but the only time it feels creepy is the first kill. Everything else is rehashing it.

The Japanese films are kinda dope cause of the difference to western horror in that the evil force always prevails, but I don't know if I'm too fond of the styling. It's less cheesy and getting somewhere in creepiness, but it looks try-hard. I've given up on horror movies in general as a vehicle for scariness, I just watch them cause it's kinda fun to see shit jump at you all of a sudden with shrieking violins, but I don't consider that horror.

damn.... are you an art house wanker?

carnival of souls was okay, but some people (mostly art house wankstars)

blow this shit way out of proportion. It's a decent flick, but not that good.

mams you hit the coffinnail on the head.

shit just isn't that scary anymore.

it's jump-out-of-your-seat-surprises and violins.

i'm still a big fan of The Shining as far as classic horror.

i've seen it too many times now.

Open Water was good for tension. that freaked me out a little, especially going to aruba right after.

i need a movie to come out that is so scary i get a nightmare.

Nah man, I didn't take offense to it. I pick art-house films over commercial flashbangs all the time. When I was going through high school I used to watch a movie per day at least.

The Shining was a great film if you can seperate it from the book. I liked both quite a bit, but the book scared the shit out of me way more than the film did. I don't think Kubrick could really make a bad film even if he had tried.

Originally posted by deterrent@Feb 16 2005, 06:11 AM

It's genius, if the bad acting was intentional.

yes, the acting was supposed to be terrible. it's a horror/thriller movie.

the movie was made by a couple of film nerds from melbourne. almost the whole movie takes place in one room. reason being, they were too broke to do it otherwise. they did a good job with the resources they had, and the story really makes the movie.

i thought it was a good film. it was well written and kept me guessing until the last minute. it's a horror movie, so don't expect citizen kane folks, but as far as this genre of movie, it was definately a good one.