Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

saw arcade fire last night...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by mental invalid, Feb 2, 2005.

1. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

go check this band out....http://www.arcadefire.com/

their cd is good, funeral....but live, the sound is almost overwhelming....sick show

like god speed but with less absract with vocals, like sigur ros but more rocking....i dunno i got like 3 hours of sleep...

check em out...

also check out the dears....same gig

whats up the canadian export of rocking bands over the past few years, all having this eclectic sounds...

anymore i should be aware of??

2. deterrent

deterrent Veteran Member

They are sick!!!

You hit the nail on the head, the cd is good but live it's powerful. Their stiff yet
    purposeful movement, wildly strong personalities, three percussionist (2 of
    which must likely smoke pcp or they just really need attention and the Herchey's
    chocolate shell on the ice cream center stage a skinny chick playing the accordion.

FUCK, I need more.

3. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

^^^^Were you at a taping of late night with conan obrien?

4. mental invalid

no, but they mentioned that they were on it....thats why they went on way later...im gonna try and tape it tonite on cnbc

great line last night:

"so we bumped maroon5 from conan tonight...."

they are playing irving plaza tonite for the tr-staters...sold out, but nothing is ever "sold-out"

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i saw em a couple months ago.
    i liked it, but i could never shake the fact that :

1. i fucking hated the guy in the helmet. he was like andy dick, but twice as annoying. i kept praying that the smoke would fill his lungs and cause him to suffocate.
    what flames you ask? the ones from the fire, inside the arcade, stupid!
    2. they sound reeeaalllyyyyy like the talking heads. a fact which was only exacerbated by their incredibly poor (IMO) decision to cover a talking heads song. even before they did that though, i spent the the majority of the show singing talking heads lyrics (quite loudly) over their music and giggling like a school girl.

all in all, i liked them, and i can understand why others do too, but at first (and only) listen (i'd never heard of them before being dragged to the show) they were reaaaaal 'influenced' in a way that i have problems respecting too much.

6. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

was anybody hurt??

7. mental invalid

some minor burns in the ear....from the FIRE!!

8. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

9. johnny

johnny Dirty Dozen Crew

thoroughly enjoying this stuff. wish i'd not missed them play now.

10. velocet

velocet New Jack

I love this band.. They're all the rage in hipster circles right now.. Which usually means bad news, and I usually have an aversion to that sort of stuff, but damn if this band doesn't kick some ass..

I've been listening to them the past couple of months.. Went to one of the shows (awesome). Some of the really best music i've heard in a while.

Seeking I would suggest downloading or buying their album.. Giving it a thorough listen..

Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) is my anthem of the year.

11. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

but seriously folks...this is the last album i downloaded before i disconected my cpu. i have to wait to get it hooked back up to check it out. but i've been hearing the name tossed around a bit latley. probably not my usual cup of tea, but i do like the talking heads.

12. velocet

velocet New Jack

[​IMG]

accordian attack!

13. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

[​IMG]
    BREATHE ON MY BACK AS I DIVE INTO THE OCEAN

14. sarahyoulose

sarahyoulose Senior Member

their 2 shows sold out here in about 15 minutes

15. Dr. Dazzle