Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

SATs

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by CIPHER_one, Jan 25, 2002.

1. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

I take them for the first time tomorrow. Any tips?

And what did you guys get? I can't believe there hasn't been an SAT scores thread...has there?

2. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

i did shitty!

first time 800

i cant even get passed 970 :mad:

but i did a lot better on my ACTs

but they are both hard

SATs questions are basic...you just need to know what formulas to use and know how to decipher the question....filtor out the needless info

3. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

got a 950
    keep in mind,
    they deduct a point if you get one wrong, but if you leave an answer blank no points are deducted....so if youre pretty sure on a guess, go ahead and mark an answer, if youre not sure at all and have no idea, it might be good too leave it blank as no points will be deducted or added...dont over use that strategy though, you wouldnt want half your test blank....

4. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

when i took the sat i got there just a couple of minutes late. I opened my trunk and grabbed my jacket (it was fucking freezing) and forgot i had a big bottle of wild turkey wrapped up in it... I pulled out my jacket and the bottle smashed on the ground in front of the school. I stressed and dropped my jacket and picked up the pieces of glass and threw them in the trunk. Then I picked up my jacket only to realize i had dropped it in the puddle, and it now reeked of booze. I walked into that test late and absolutley stinking of wild turkey.

I got an 1140, but it's now been 5 years and i still haven't figured out why i took that stupid test.

5. chaos is me

chaos is me New Jack

try and eliminate as many answers as you can if you have to guess, so that at least it is an educated guess, and you have a better chance at the correct answer.
    don't get caught up on one question you can't get, if you can't work through it right away, skip it and come back to it.
    if you don't know at all, don't answer it, skipping it you don't lose any points.

6. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

oh yeah, my guidance conselor also told me that...instead of bubbling an answer everytime you solve it, instead, just dont bubble all the answers to that page until youre through with it...in other words, solve all questions, write answer beside the Q in the book...then bubble all the answers in the end

7. EL MASKO

EL MASKO Elite Member

Pshhh. Who needs em. Too cool for school :cool: .

8. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

theyre as fun as having a root canal...

first score: 1230..i think...

best score: 1310.

9. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

I did very well on the SAT, but it didn't do me any fucking good overall. Just made me look like an underachiever when I got erratic grades.

10. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

whatever you do dont show up hungover and fart outloud in a giant auditorium...i still got a 1300.

11. GrImeY

GrImeY Junior Member

I got a 1050 and said fuck it that will get me in college my friend got someone else to take it for him and got a 1350?fuck him,

12. Sonik3000

Sonik3000 Senior Member

I took them for the first and only time at age 15 and kicked all of your asses.... except perhaps cracked and his ass... because he holds his cards, I wont know.

13. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

i took em in here in canada so iono if they r different but i got a 1400 on an older practice test but i got a 1280 on the official one

14. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

do like i did and get a 1500 the first (and only) time you take them.

15. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

They went ok. I'll let you know what I get.