Santas Ghetto - London.

trendoid

Opened today in Kingly Court off Carnaby Street in Soho, worth checking if your in the area - displays & artwork from Banksy, 3D (Massive Attack), Faile, Mode 2 (who I met when I was there) Crass etc - and a great Crimewatch styler poster by 'Fatty The Elk' with photos of tags from various London Legends - everything is for sale and is reasonably inexpensive if your into that kind of thing.

www.santasghetto.com

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_b0b

Some friends went and next to some of the posters there were little signs indictating that they were outof stock, but they said "SOLD OUT". Oh how my friends laughed, as that is exactly what they were thinking! Anyhow I'm looking to get off down there as I like Faile stuff loads.

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by can of worms

What do you want to bet that nt win?

I bet a tenner they don't win

(seeing how they aren't listed in the finalists)

Guest imported_b0b

I had fun there and saw Rodney Trotter there too. Loads of writers there; Kist got kicked out for bombing. Sub and Rainman were having fun with a pen too. Some exhibits got nicked off the walls. Loads of old school writers there and current ones too. But free beer, what a winner

I had a cool time, but I turned up a bit late just in time for the beer to run out :( There was a massive queue too, but the missus used the blag "I'm Banksy's PA" to get us in with no bother, which is more than can be said for the old bill - the muscle on the door was turning them away as we arrived. Shame I missed Mode's speech - I heard it was enthralling :lol: and apparently Goldie presented the award to Zomby's Mum :confused:

Originally posted by crazeeb0b

Some exhibits got nicked off the walls.

I am now the proud owner of a massive colour print of one of Fume's tags! Happy Christmas me.

Originally posted by herbaliser

although a bit too many trendies were in attendance

A bit like going out in Shoreditch, but without the irony...

Guest imported_b0b

Truth be told I expected it to be crap, but was very surprised it wasn't. Reckon it was the free beer. Whoever organsied it must have sent some pennies; (at least) 4 bouncers, couple of people behind the bar and the booze too.

Rodders: was that really the winner's mother collecting the prize? I got in as my mate told the bouncers I was Tox. Got me and two others in..

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by can of worms

all my mates went without telling me. CUNTS.

oh and isn't it fun to find out you have beef with somone you've never met? :confused:

Nothing like true friendship, huh?