SANE

Guest Are2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sane is easily one of my favorites EVER. always so simple and so fresh. stripped down letters with quirky awkward connections that you could never have thought of. this aspect lives on with smith. all my favorite smith things say sane. sane, fresh forever.

-jerk182

oh yeah years ago i caught a sanesmith tag on these boulders on the train tracks behind tufts university. any one else seen these? lets hear it for the random troopers. theres been a few times ive noticed sanesmith had been there before when i thought no one had.

i'll dig around some sites for some flicks. lets try to keep it to shit sane actually did. its hard to tell but id like to see em separate from the smith joints.

Guest Showoff

I love sidestreets around LIC and Greenpoint where there are mad old Sane tags around and new shit Smith did..

Showoff

• 1 month later...

THE LEGEND OF SANE

Im not gonna bitch about there not being a thread for SANEalready. And if there is and i just missed it, just delete this one.

SANE was a true master of the craft. I would personally say one of the truest. He practally introduced the idea of GOING BIG in impossible places. He re-revolutionized the concept of going all city. He conqured, streets, freights, subways, bilboards, roll paint pieces.. etc. etc. All before 1990. Three things I remember most about SANE: 1) he and his brother a long with Jon 156 straight took over the D and Q lines for like a 6 month period in 1986 or 7 with clover green thro ups and pieces. 2) at one point in the history of New York City, SANE and SMITH had a tag in every station in the subway system (and thats a lot of stations).

3) And this may be on a more personal note. I had the pleasure of meeting SANE two times during perhaps the most toy stages of my career. What has always stuck with me was when I met him the second time he remembered my name and who I was. I couldnt fathom how someone like SANE who was so well known, so well respected, and just so up could rember a little piss ant like me. The guy was really humble, cool and down to earth. No matter how famous you become in this game, no matter how up you get, or how old school you are, if you come at it with an inflated ego, a shoulder chip or basically a fucked up attitude, you still a toy. I learned that from SANE. I still carry with me that lesson. Sorry this flik is busted, perhaps I will get near a scanner at some point and scan some photos to add to this thread. In the mean time add all your favorite SANE photos to this thread.

*********************ROCK ON SANE************************

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00108555f00000023.jpg'>

this photo is from the imfamous clover green reign on the D and Q lines

early this morning, i was reading this thread, then went out to roll a spot for later on 2night, and a freight was parked along it. I was kinda sketched out, cause a business was near it, but then i saw the exact spot i was rolling out had a freight with a sane tag faceing it, so i knew i was fine. thanks for looking out sane......jah bless..rip

there allready was a sane thread. kinda weird that its gone. on 04/12/02 i had written this:

"sane is easily one of my favorites EVER. always so simple and so fresh. stripped down letters with quirky awkward connections that you could never have thought of. this aspect lives on with smith. all my favorite smith things say sane. sane, fresh forever.

oh yeah years ago i caught a sanesmith tag on these boulders on the train tracks behind tufts university. any one else seen these? lets hear it for the random troopers. theres been a few times ive noticed sanesmith had been there before when i thought no one had.

i'll dig around some sites for some flicks. lets try to keep it to shit sane actually did. its hard to tell but id like to see em separate from the smith joints. "

-jerk182

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by beaucou

never heard of him but he kept it real for so many years so r i p

you never heard of him but you know he "kept it real" for so many years?? do you even write??

im not gonna start any shit in sane thread though, just had to address that.

Archived