San Antonio

CinchedWaist

At present, I am deep in the heart of Texas.

I am actually in College Station working on a big ass research paper,

but my mom and sister are going to pick me up next weekend and we're going to drive to San Antonio.

I know the basic stuff.....Alamo, missions, River walk..

We are also going to Sea World, which I hear is pretty dope.

But, is there anything neat to do in SA that the common folk like myself don't know about?

Any cool neighborhoods to check out?

Thank you very much in advance, and pictures will be added when I get back from the trip.

image032B.jpg

Who knows what movie thats from?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I used to live in San Antonio for the ages of 2 to about 14 or 15.... but I don't remember what's cool.

Fiesta Texas is pretty fun.... and really the only thing I could recommend the most is find some hole in the wall Mexican restaurant... I'm telling you, it's not gonna be on the riverwalk.... go to the ghetto sides of downtown and find yourself a little diner and you're in like flyn. I'll try to find out the exact name of one for you and reply back.

i live in san antonio... i think there are guys in brick slayers who live here also.... honestly there isnt a whole lot to do in san antonio... ive lived here for a lil over 2 years almost 3 now and all i do is ride my bike and skate and take photos... i hear the bar scene sucks... and the illegal graff scene here isnt spread throughout town... if its on a specific side of town i havent really found it... i see the same handfull of people up here and there but nothing like other places ive lived... the river walk here looks cool at night and its a kind of unique place for texas.. there are some cool photos to be taken there... "market" is pretty tight on saturdays.. there are a ton of people and shops with cool mexican goods and randomness... uh... theres a few malls... hmmmm there are some kinda cool parks near downtown... the zoo was way more expensive here than in houston and i hear its not that great.. but the park near it is kinda cool...

aim = mcchriskills

ps if by cool neighborhoods you mean old houses and such check out the

king william district and shit i cant remember the other one... ill get back to you

Originally posted by Scrabble@Jun 8 2005, 03:35 PM

punch Tony Parker in the face.

A fucking men. NOt only is that frenchy putting the moves on my girl but he is also going up against my team. I hope he catches a swift case of face scabs and penis boils.

College Station is possibly the worst town in America. Why?

a) It is filled with Aggies who

b) are convinced it's the GREATEST city ever when in fact

c) it is small,

d) there's absolutely nothing to do,

e) and I expect over 90% of its residents are Republicans.

In sum, College Station is ass. Why are you there of all places?

And like ilovedrunk said, there's not that much to do in San Antonio. Realize that when you go to Fiesta, TX it'll be super hot and super crowded. Beyond what was said in this thread, I'd use CitySearch to figure out anything additional to do: http://sanantonio.citysearch.com/

Oh, and the Riverwalk is sooo overrated and boring. Wow - a mall around a "river" which is 10 feet wide. How fucking awesome.

PMB is kinda right, even though I haven't been to SA in years that sounds about right. And how can you all just say big red is so good, I've lived in Texas all my life and I can't stand that shit... it tastes like cotton candy soda or something. Whataburger is good, I had no idea it's not wide spread across the nation, although the one by my house's service is so slow it makes you wonder if they're butchering the cow in there.

Cinched - Austin is a mere 1 hour drive north on I-35 and it's way more bad ass there.... also if you like water parks, check out Schliterbahn in New Braunsfels(sp?)... It's all natural water because it's on the river, but it's got big slides and you can go tubing down the river which is always fun.

Guys, I have to go to the Alamo.

Come on! If not for texan history, then at least for peewee.

PMB- I agree with you about college station. A&M is supposed to be the most conservative campus in the US! Not to mention all this Aggie talk is driving me insane. Esp. the "gig em."

Worst of all, I don't have a car so I'm stuck here. At least for a month.

However, the world famous primatologist I'm working with is very, very cool. Plus, I'm getting paid a good sum to do this.

Oh, and my mom and sister already bought the tickets for SA. I'm going there. At least I get to go to seaworld!

Damn. No car in College Station? That's horrible.

If you hadn't already bought the tickets for SA, I'd say come to Austin. Although I'm biased, it's easily the coolest city in Texas.

I second DHabz' statement re: Schlitterbaun. It's a blast, as long as you don't mind cold water. If you're not into the whole waterslide/water park thing, then go tubing. Here are directions to New Braunfels (where Schlitterbaun and tubing are). By no means do you have to use the tubing company I linked to, as there are about 10 of 'em within 500 feet of one another. But go tubing with a cooler of beer .. floating down the river drinking .. ah, it's the life.

Oh, and you mentioned "aggie talk." Are you tired of "Howdy!" yet?

And this is a rant read over the air by Jim Rome (a sports radio guy):

"They won't shut up. They have to go on about spirit, and old army, and red ass, and how bonfire represents the burning sensation they have in their urine to beat UT, and blah blah blah. Shut up. You start to get the feeling the entire school was built to spite UT. Forget the fact that when the Texas Legislature back in the 1870's passed legislation to start a state university they also decided to have a subsidiary branch of the main school(University of Texas) that would teach agriculture and mechanics. Aggies love to say their school is older, from where they get that I don't know......the fact is, the State intended A&M to be a branch of UT. They are like the afterbirth from the original creation. Like Danny Devito in "Twins". So they apparently have this complex, so much so, that they must devote their entire school to trying to prove to UT that they are just as good. All the while, nobody at UT denies that A&M is a good school, yet they won't shut up. So they write a fight song......about?....Texas, and how they want to beat them. They have a Fish Camp for freshman where they tell them how bad Texas is and how good A&M and all its traditions are.

Finally, College Station is an arm-pit of a town. Quit pretending that it is a great college town. It is a town and there is a college there. That should be the end of this comparison. If you feel that life doesn't get any better than the Dixie Chicken, and enjoy being stuck in a never ending "Dukes of Hazard" episode, then move there. More importantly, don't move to Austin.....they are trying to create an educated, technological, and open minded population base. Austin is, and will continue to be, the birthplace and final resting place of all that is cool.

As my friend Stephen Johnson once said: "If the world were ever to get an enema, College Station is where you would connect the hose." If you go to school at A&M, please don't be an Aggie.

I eliminated a lot. Here's the whole thing.

i live in austin, theres tons of shit to do here and its about a an hour or so from san antonio. but if youre stuck in SA theres the riverwalk of course. there are some ok malls to shop at if tahts your thing. drive around and paint, there are some parts of town that get down. i dont know if old clogged caps spot is legal anymore but thats a spot to paint. the ripleys wax museum. theres some shit called like first friday or some shit where there are these silos people rent out and turn into art studios and everyone shows off there art and drinks beer and hangs out and plays music. its pretty fun. last time i went to that i found a yard and painted for a while so theres that too.

Originally posted by AverotS85@Jun 9 2005, 08:59 AM

whataburger??? how about whatapiece of shit. those so-called burgers are horrible.

You're crazy. Whataburger gots the best burgers in the buisness.

I wish they'ed expand outside of Texas.

Sonics aight too, they got them in S.A.