Same Sex Marriages

Joker

First, if you have nothing intelligent to say, please refrain from saying anything at all in a response.

I'm sure most of you have seen or heard about President Bush and his next opposition... banning gay marriages. In his first response to the media he even quoted lines from the bible as to why he feels that same sex marriages is wrong. Now... my two cents...

Why does he care? Why is the President of the U.S. concerning himself with the personal lives of people? It's none of his business who a man or a woman sleeps with. Or is married to. And quoting the bible? Since when is the President allowed to force his personal religious views on the country to get what he wants? Why is the Catholic Church getting involved in his decision? What do they have to do with our laws?

I always thought there was suppose to be a seperation of Church and State. Maybe that applies to something else within politics, I don't really know since I'm not that politically minded.

Though I do know that the bible says you should not involve yourself in the wars of men. Which Bush certainly has. So why does he see fit to ignore one quote from the bible but not the other?

Personally, who cares who sleeps with who. If you can truly find someone to love, be it a man or a woman... I say go for it. Finding someone to love and who will love you in return is almost impossible. (You kids will giggle and laugh, but when you get older, you'll see where I'm coming from with this) There shouldn't be laws telling people who they can love... that's rediculous.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does anyone care? Cause same sex marriges could lead to the downfall of society as we know it. Look how far gays have evolved within the last 50 years. They get more and more "popular" so to say. Think of the next 50. Your son and my son could be packin each other on the sidewalk and no one would care cause "it's okay...they're different, give them their space"

I think people should be able to fuck who'm ever they want. But the marrige thing should not happen. End of story.

I think he might have noticed his support waining, and decided it was time to take a shot at building up his base. He pushes for the right-wingers, and hasn't been coming through for them that well (namely on civil issues such as these). I think he is making an appeal for their support.

I've only heard one short mention of this, so I haven't followed it, and have no background info.....I can only speculate.

Yes, it is complete bullshit. It's none of his or anyone else's business. That simple. The seperation of church and state is a complete fabrication these days, and has been for sometime.

Damn shame.

Re: Re: Same Sex Marriages

Originally posted by Hank Parker

Why does anyone care? Cause same sex marriges could lead to the downfall of society as we know it. Look how far gays have evolved within the last 50 years. They get more and more "popular" so to say. Think of the next 50. Your son and my son could be packin each other on the sidewalk and no one would care cause "it's okay...they're different, give them their space"

I think people should be able to fuck who'm ever they want. But the marrige thing should not happen. End of story.

That is the stupidest thing I have read in a while. You playing devil's advocate or just genuinely ignorant?

Re: Re: Same Sex Marriages

Well that story sucked. How can you be for gay sex but against gay marrige. Explain.

first off...RAAAGGGAABBLLGRRAAAGLLBRAAAWWW!!!!!

ok, now that thats of my chest. that pisses me off to the piont of screamming silly words.

bush shure is a desperate and stupid man....going for the right wings...thats sooo low.....why right wingers?....why?

this is why we should ban all people from the south from becomming political offishials.

biggots-n-hicks:mad:

Sex and marrige are two different things. That's just my thoughts.

Sex and love are two different things too. I think that it should happen. Every one deserves to be included on their spouses medical insurance regardless of if they are gay or not as well as be privy to all of the same things that straight marraige entitles people to.

The first thing that came to my mind was separation of church and state. I don't know why they keep doing this shit but the government always trys to put the bible on people. I've heard of the 10 commandments being posted at court houses and what not and that is not right in any manner either but that is an entirely different thread.

Originally posted by MOOGLE?

you also have to think about the legal issues that apply to marriage.

imagine two straight guys getting married just to get his friend a greencard

Huh? Imagine that people have been doing that for years and years. Women and men have been marrying for greencards for years. What would be the big deal if two straight men did it? Nothing. It's for a greencard, nothing else. You're basically saying it's okay for a man and a woman to falsify their marriage for a greencard, but not two men... or two women.

Originally posted by Joker

I always thought there was suppose to be a seperation of Church and State.

there is, the problem is:everyone is corrupt.

youre roght on point, who cares who you sleep with? that youre fucking right to decide.

yay america.sort of....

Guest blame

Joker

I think you were correct in finding many flaws in this law that he is trying to enforce, and it seems he is only quotting the bible when it is convenient to him.well put. no doubt.

But man you gotta look at the big picture here. I mean think about it.

Basic science will tell you that:

A: The only reason we have sexual desires, is purely to reproduce.

B: the reason we find goodlooking people attractive (each person has different his/her own perceptions on whats goodlooking) is because we identify them with being healthy and subconciously we are thinking of the well being of our child we want our child to inherit those healthy features. Or you may wonder why a lot of men are attracted to big breasted women, or women with broad hips and large buttocks, this is because we are subconciously thinking "Great she can breast feed our children she is able to develop quality milk, and look she has a strong lower body and can carry my child nicely".

ok so you may think iam getting off track a little here but think about it this is this an area that science and releigion agree on. And as a soceity i dont understand why having this knowledge we still are so accepting towards homosexuals. Iam not against homosexuals in anyway and have met some cool gay guys but what i see there desires as a psychological problem, with no meaning and it seems like society has allowed them to delve more and more into it not doing anything to identify why they have these problems, and how they can be treated.

Which is why iam in full suppourt of your presidents decision, even though i dont live in your country, and i hope our primeminister enforces a similar law.

Guest Pilau Hands

In my mind, there is absolutely no logical reason you can give me for the government making gay marriages illeagal. None.

You can have your personal reasons and believe what you want, but I just chalk a lot of the other stuff up to prejudice.

It's a damn shame that Bush already has his head so far up his ass, he can't see the rest of the shit he's starting to wade into. The Bush administration has done nothing but set back the American people and society as a whole. Everyone was gung-ho to go get Osama, but that died down in the hype over these mystical 'weapons of mass destruction' (that Bush is only now starting to admit he can't even find), and the search for Saddam.

I can't remember which thread it was, but earlier someone stated the fact that the Bush administration had been labelled the worst governement in US history.. on top of the facts that he's starting to come under fire for a lot of unanswered questions in the Iraq war, and NOW the fact that he wants to ban same sex marriages, doesn't give the man a shitload of credibility.

Bush is a fucking tool, straight up. Every successive move he makes is becomming a little less rational, and having a few more undesireable reprecussions. It seems to me (being a Canuck) that Bush is doing everything in his power to smite Canada for not jumping on the "bomb-iraq-bandwagon". First he bans our beef after one isolated case of mad-cow disease, and now he's opposing the pseudo acception of same-sex marriages. I know that's not the case, but i'm feeling a little sore towards Bushy at the moment.

All that bullox aside, Bush is in for one hell of a ride if he goes ahead and bans same sex marriages. The increasing gay-community is going to rear it's ugly head and bike Bush's cock clear off. He has no basis for his (possible) decision, and doesn't have the mental capacity to understand the adverse effects said decision is going to make.

Can't avoid the unavoidable, I s'pose. It's a shame to see one fag turn a country upside down.

look past homos fucking homos and just people apreciating each other in the classical way (marriage) its like saying no you cant be freinds for the rest of your lives, but personaly i am against marriage i think its to old fashioned and people should just be partners, its like marriage is a huge deal when you can do the same thing with just expressing it you dont have to spend money on a wedding.....ok kinda off topic but i agree with joker here. this just shows how imature bush is actually most of waht he does is imature

Re: Joker

Originally posted by Joker

Huh? Imagine that people have been doing that for years and years. Women and men have been marrying for greencards for years. What would be the big deal if two straight men did it? Nothing. It's for a greencard, nothing else. You're basically saying it's okay for a man and a woman to falsify their marriage for a greencard, but not two men... or two women.

You know, it's not THAT easy to just marry a foreigner and have them come to the states... It's easy enough to marry them but there are earnings restrictions and a bunch of hoops to jump through, and this is for people who really want to be married... and...

Originally posted by blame

I think :

Basic science will tell you that:

A: The only reason we have sexual desires, is purely to reproduce.

Well, I dunno where you learned basic science but... what I learned with Stacey in her room after school tends to disprove your theory...

and then there's are those people out there having gay sex, I guess they failed science too but...

just because you failed science shouldn't mean you can't get married...

true that joker. seperation of church and state all the way. plus the gov just needs to get out of peoples' private lives. did you know in virginia anything other than missionary is illegal? that includes oral sex! anyway, yeah, dont infringe on any kind of love. LET LOVE RULE. peace guys. good thread

god, i would argue with people about this, but anyone who even thinks for a second that there is even a hint of rational in the idea that gay folks should not allowed to be married, is too fucking stupid to even make it worthwhile.

science cant prove 'love' exists, but unless your going to tell me it doesnt, then dont tell me homosexuality goes against science.

All I've heard from these politicians is that gay marriages ruins the sanctity of marriage, a holy matrimony that Americans hold dear and regard as a sacred and traditional practice.

Sacred, of course, when it's the studio audience who votes....

top.jpg

Seriously, the bigotry in America, and anywhere else that makes gay marriages ILLEGAL (!) is rediculous. Why the fuck is this such a big deal?

Speechless.

Guest willy.wonka

im in love with this girl that i know likes me a lot, but her best friend/lover is this girl that i've known from highschool.she used to like me too, but seeing me hugging and talking with this girl pisses her off...

i would be talking wiht her and bam!she gets yanked(literally) away..then this lesbo bitch looks at me and starts kissin her.

i asked to stay the night wiht teh both of them, but possesive lesbian said NO!

i love scorpios!:yum: