1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

same cars keep coming back

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by taxer, Sep 5, 2002.

1. taxer

taxer 12oz Junior Member

same cars keep coming back

Discussion started by taxer - Sep 5, 2002

I paint severall spots but the one I do the most is a small lay up. Ive painting there for maybe for a couple years. Im starting to think my trains arent going very far because they come back so frequantly. how far can a train go in a couple of months? do you think its pointless to keep smashing the same line over and over?

taxer - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  2. fr8burner

fr8burner 12oz Elite Member

fr8burner - Replied Sep 5, 2002

i have the same problems....eventually they will leave for good...try painting different kinds of cars and such...and make sure they arnt local either cause that is bad for you and your spot...

fr8burner - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. 87centHitMan

87centHitMan Guest

87centHitMan - Replied Sep 5, 2002

That's kinda cool, though, because then all of the local trains will be covered in your shit...And I do see a lot of the same freights rolling through here. If it's the same layup I'm thinking of, there are tons of your cars up there...Did you see the article in the university paper today? It was all about the statewide freight system. Pretty cool article.

4. WAKER

WAKER Guest

WAKER - Replied Sep 5, 2002

THEY ARE IN A LOOP. EACH CAR IS RENTED OR OWNED BY A COMPANY. THEY HAVE A FLEET OF THEM, THATS WHY CARS HAVE NUMBERS. THEY GET LOADED, INTERCHANGED, UNLOADED, AND GO BACK TO BE LOADED AGAIN. SOMETIMES IT TAKES YEARS FOR THEM TO CYCLE OUT. I HAVE SEEN THE SAME TRAIN, IN THE SAME YARD, IN THE SAME SPOT THREE TIMES IN A YEAR, BUT THE EVENTUALLY GET CALLED OUT SOMEWHERE AND YOU WONT SEE THEM AGAIN... LOOK AT IT THIS WAY, EVERY TIME THE CAR IS GONE ITS SOMEWHERE ELSE.

5. TrampBurner

TrampBurner New Jack

TrampBurner - Replied Sep 5, 2002

Short Line?

It may be a short line(meaning it only runs in your general area). We have a few in the city of steel. Mostly coalies are short but you can't always tell.

Mr. Vos
    "I feel the urge to act on large scale, artistic, vandalistic, cross-country self-advertisment"

TrampBurner - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  6. taxer

taxer 12oz Junior Member

taxer - Replied Sep 5, 2002

wait..............the simpsons are on be back later.

7. jarjarbinks

jarjarbinks 12oz Junior Member

jarjarbinks - Replied Sep 5, 2002

csx goes all over the country right?

jarjarbinks - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  8. sectorTVA

sectorTVA 12oz Senior Member

sectorTVA - Replied Sep 6, 2002

i believe the furthest west csx goes is saint louis....
    taxer, paint those refers in that one spot....thats what i plan to start doing more often, refers travel alot further evidentally....

sectorTVA - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. taxer

taxer 12oz Junior Member

taxer - Replied Sep 6, 2002

refers? what are those? sorry i dont know alot about this shit.

10. taxer

taxer 12oz Junior Member

those white gondalas with ridges?

11. taxer

taxer 12oz Junior Member

oh!!!! referidgerated cars? yeah those are fuckin bad ass. so loud and and full of energy, painting those keeps my adreniline going.

12. TED NUGENT

TED NUGENT 12oz Senior Member

TED NUGENT - Replied Sep 6, 2002

you are talking about csx lines right? becuse im pretty sure that csx cars make it out west , im sure ive seen csx holy rollers and coil cars make it all the way west but that might just be becuse they are leased out out or something?

TED NUGENT - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. killmyself

killmyself New Jack

killmyself - Replied Sep 6, 2002

csx makes it all around the country. Same as golden west, up, and other west lines make it to the east. the thing you must remember is that csx is based in the east, so most of the cars run in the east, same as the western companies, and the southern companies. when trying to get your shit circulated, try to hit the car from the farthest away. if your out west, hit csx, ns, southerns, etc... in the east hit up, bnsf, golden wests. its pretty simple.
    ps. nothing beats a fridgie. golden west, up's and tropicanas roll through here regular. one spot we have has a constant supply of UP reefers.

killmyself - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  14. Don Perignon

Don Perignon New Jack

Don Perignon - Replied Sep 7, 2002

My trains are strange... I hear about them from friends out of state within the first 2 months after I painted them, then suddenly nobody sees them anymore. Then again I'm not a big freight "head", but I still love em never the less. I hardly see CSX in the West, but I've seen tons of them in Atlanta, and from there from the word of mouth, they seem to travel through Kentucky and up to Winsconsin. I've seen Rbox and Golden West everywhere. Tropicanas are RARE beauties where I live... it's like seeing a fucking unicorn! They're pretty much non-existant out here.

Don Perignon - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  15. killmyself

killmyself New Jack

killmyself - Replied Sep 7, 2002

dont tropicana trains run basically from like florida and criss cross a few states on the way to michigan? and thats it?

killmyself - Rank: New Jack - Messages: