Salvador Dali Painter/ Film Director?!!!

Sickboy

I was just informed by my uncle that SalvadorDali suposedly made a few films. They are suposed to be all surreal and weird. Who has heard of these films and would liek to give me a bit of information. I would like to know a bit about them and the titles please.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Wow, welcome to old news...

"Un Chien Andalou" by Dali and Luis Buñuel, it's not hard at all to come by.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

It should be in smaller video rental stores, hopefully near a college campus. Any place that could possibly have an art film section should carry it.

The movie is actually pretty short, less than 20 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if you could find it compressed somewhere online.

Sal. Dal.

Un Chien Andalou was directed by louis bunuel and salvador dali helped with the art direction/script/ weird ideas_i have it on vhs and it's pretty disturbing at parts.

i think there's another film by bunuel where dali gave some input, but i might be wrong ...no, la age d'or is the film ...i'll have to look it up look at imdb.com

Dali also did the sets for alfred hitchcock's Spellbound. those sequences are really really cool.

there are two Dali documentaries...one is narrated by orson welles...i can't remeber the names but one of the two is totally bonkers and a fantastic watch. you realize just how weird he was...i mean really strange.

Dali was also supposed to appear in an Alexandro Jodorowsky production of Dune that was never made.

Archived