Salvador Dali Appreciation Thread

xwibxonex

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

he was a genius i beleive. his ealriest paintings i dont dig as much... theyre boring and you can tell he's trying to fit the style of early impressionists etc.. but then he goes into this period of surrealism that just BLOWS my mind... anyone else love this guy?

I think every teen on drugs goes through a Dali phase.

It's somewhere after the 'mushrooms as decor' phase,

concurrent with the 'Mr. Mojo Rising' musical period,

and predecessor to the 'Escher blows my mind' stage.

But I do appreciate his works.

Not the one's that college kids tack up in their dorm rooms.

His level of classical skill is very apparent when you see the pieces in real life.

(and yes... I've been to his 2nd largest museam and seen it for real.)

Originally posted by Kilo7-

His level of classical skill is very apparent when you see the pieces in real life.

(and yes... I've been to his 2nd largest museam and seen it for real.)

Yea, like the bread painting or like dude above mentioned Christ Of St. John of the Cross are both amazing when your 2 inches from the canvas.

I went to the one in St. Petersburg Florida, I'm not sure where that one falls on the ranks of dali museums or whatever but yea, what I posted above are the ones that stuck out most for me, except a few like the spitting blood and sperm into the hosts goblet one which I know is a significant painting or hitler masturbating, shit like that.

Originally posted by iCEBERG

I went to the one in St. Petersburg Florida, I'm not sure where that one falls on the ranks of dali museums or whatever but yea,

that one's second only to the one in Corsica.

I think it had 4 of his masterworks. That's enough to make it world class.

quote from THIS IS MODERN ART by Mathew Collings

"Salvidor Dali is the lowest of the low, just dung that Chris Ofili should fix to a painting with resin. That's the basic idea of Dali's status within Mordern art. Teenagers and the uneducated revere him because of his sensationalsim and love of detail. But he was a fake genius and only tried to get money. All the money in the world flowed to him. His burning giraffes with grasshopper legs and his hands with ants coming out of the palms were only fake Modern and fake Freudianism.

'How do you like my new paranoic-critical method?' he said to Freud when he met him, showong him his painting ~Metamorphosis of Narcissus~ which he'd brought with him to Freud's house. 'Get outta here!' Freud is reputed to have said. Or something more Freudian but along those lines.

....He grew old and his wife Gala grew old too. How weird they both went in their old age! They got the hippies and playboys and playgirls all rounded up off the beaches at Cladaques and round to Dali's house to pose. Dali masturbated over them, especially if they were transexuals, his favourite, and Gala took the cleanest, pertest, most 70's daytime TV soap opera-looking young men as toyboy lovers."

think what you want about his paintings but that is how a lot of that art world considers Salvidor Dali......

peace

Originally posted by dignan

think what you want about his paintings but that is how a lot of that art world considers Salvidor Dali......

peace

It's a good thing I'm not the modern art world, because I like some of his stuff.

To say someone is this or that is to look over the very reason their being questioned in the first place, that's where you should be looking.

Archived