Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

salt lake city punk, fantastic fucking movie.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by taco bell bomber, May 5, 2003.

1. taco bell bomber

taco bell bomber Senior Member

this is probably one of the best movies ive ever seen.
    steve-o is a character i wish i could be like in real life, jus a fucking awsome character all together.

i bought it on dvd recently.. and its jus great. one of my favorites.
    radical soundtrack aswell.

FUCK YOUUU.

2. TOR

TOR Member

im not really into punk but this is a good movie

3. LocoLars

LocoLars New Jack

this is one of my favorite movies as well as sid and nancy

haha you wanna be like steve-o... poser

i like heroin bob... many of my friends are like him... and they were like that b4 the movie, and we even called a friend needle dan cuz he hated needles

4. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

http://www.blank-smile.org/jason/galleria/jason5.jpg'>
    Jason Segel is fucking hilarious in this movie. He kicks the shit out of anyone.

5. VAITOMANOCU

VAITOMANOCU Member

my roomate last year is into that stuff and i must have watched that flick a hundred times. good shit.

6. taco bell bomber

taco bell bomber Senior Member

kicking the shit out of rednecks like you.
    and punk music, not 50 cent
    acid, cool clothes, and beer.

7. Trousersnake

Trousersnake Guest

I thought this was the worst fuckin movie ever.

8. DorkstaR

DorkstaR Senior Member

one of my favorite movies... not a classic. but definitely sumthin to watch for shits and giggles.

9. ultraflat

ultraflat Member

mickeys malt liquor

10. B_As_In_Bot

B_As_In_Bot Elite Member

Sorry fags...still havent seen it..

11. bug

bug Guest

i fucking hated that movie. it was a sheltered suburban take on punk. it makes punks look like teens with shallow identity issues, that eventually grow out of it.

although it is true that this is what most kids nowadays that identify themselves as punk go through, there's no real punks in the movie that live some sort of life of resistance, political activism, or social awareness.

go get a dead kennedy's or crass album and read the fucking lyrics, you'll see that this movies characters are not punks. the movie could have easily been called SLC fratboy or SLC guido.

12. woo woo woo

woo woo woo Member

13. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

i really liked that movie. matthew lillards performance even transcended his usual overbearing and overacting in this one. i dug the hell out of it...

14. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

and some of this was part of the point of the movie. he knew he was from a rich family, he knew that he couldnt fake the funk all his life and that he'd go on to college and be just like his lawyer dad.

about the sheltered suburban take. well, they lived in salt lake city,utah. you been there before? talk about sheltered.

finally, i dont think that it makes all punks "look like teens with shallow identity issues," just a few of the characters in this movie.

if you really dont look at it like some kind of punk manifesto like you apparently are, youll see a very well made movie with good acting and storyline.

15. 2slim

2slim Member

what a hunk of shit that movie was...........