sage francis

taper

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I dont look in the mirro because im a narcisis,

I just like to watch my self exist,

Now im in a fog and mist,

And my reflection is anyomous,

ponder this.

Sage kills. Gotta give some thanx to the guy who told me about him first, and you know who you are. Definitly my favorite artist in the realm of music

• 4 years later...

i grew up where this guy started out, providence rhode island. i've watched this guy go from doing a show on college radio with MIG (RIU i think), to starting slam poetry sessions, to doing solo albums, to doing his latest album that had college girls asking me "is this sage francis" when i played it in the store i work at. i have much respect for this guy, for what he did for rhode island hip hop and slam poetry. seriously, i doubt he'll read this --but thanks for all you did holmes. i'm glad people are giving him the respect he needs.

Overly hyped. Atleast in my area. I was diggin this dude back when he was under the alias strange famous... fuck I don't even remember what scrible it was I first saw him in... but then I took a break from hiphop for awhile... stepped back in and every fuckin hipster in my area was bumpin this shit and these faggets had it on there myspaces And now I can't fucking stand it. Plus his album shit just isn't that good to me... there's a lot better doing what he does go out and find it.

i agree, his old stuff is better. i think my whole thing is more of a hometown pride. ayebee put it right, above. he might not be doing what you like right now, but that guy has nothing but respect from people who watched the hip hop scene grown in rhode island. i'm sure there are some people who can hate on him, but most of the people i've met who were involved in rhode island's hip hop or spoken word scene, have nothing but good things to say about this dude as a person. in turn, i think that's why i have so much respect for the guy and what he's doing. even if he's going a little bit more emo with his later work.

emo rap, that label cracks me up. it is worthy, but i hate how people throw it around. i had some kid call me out for listening to atmosphere. said it was emo rap, as if i was going to start crying when i listened to it. to me, it's just another direction that hip hop is going in. it's nothing new though, it's been done before.

if you like this spoken word style, check out Mike Ladd if you've never heard his work..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Ladd

Archived