running away

meKa-zorZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I moved out at 16. It was a little easier than just 'running away' because i had a roof over my head, didn't have to worry about starving, didn't have to bathe in public places, didn't get mixed up in drinking, partying, or drugs, cuz i was working my ass off.

I don't know. I just worry about anyone wanting to run away. I've heard a lot of really great stories, and I've heard a lot of really terrible ones. It definately wouldn't be easy.. but some people's home lives are so terrible that it seems like the best way out. All I can say is have a plan, no matter what don't just leave and have no idea where you're going.

How old are you?

well brotha..I am in the same boat with the home situation...more than likely I will be gone by the end of the week...i am just looking to get a shit job until I can find something better and until I get things together and I am going to go live with a friend. things shouldn't be too bad. it will be better than having worry about all this shit that I am putting up with here...if you are going to try to get away from your house be intellegent about it...get things planned out. secure a job and a place to stay. don't turn into some bum.

running away was big when i was like 12. all my friends were like, hell yeah, let's run away. i was like, fuck no man. they'd all run away for like 3 hours and come back because they were hungry and tired. stick it out for a lil bit. and by a lil bit i don't mean 2 or 3 days. see how the situation changes. and make a fuckin effort to get along with your family. trust me, your family will ALWAYS be there for you. no matter what the hell you think about them. they'll stick by you til the end.

seekin, im not 11. http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'>

yea i suppose your mostly right, running away might seem like a immature way to deal with problems. i just dont really see any other options.

stick with it? yea, i could do that. actually thats what i've been doing now, for a good while. it just seemed to have stopped working, y'know a person can only do so much.

crash at a friends, thats a solution, but its so very temporary. http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//frown.gif'>

tow up, your right. plans are good. and i guess if i decide to do this im not gonna be stupid and just leave heading to nowheresville.

zack, yea of course http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'> i want to get out of this hole. having a job and securing a place to live before i do leave would be a good idea, but im looking to leave the city also, not just the house. is it hard to get those arrangements in a city or... country over?

curious: your right. i've been making an effort to get along with them, to change. i just cant seem to do it to where it stays permanent.

i realize no family is perfect. i realize that, but jesus... im just getting really really disgusted at how often and frequently my family ends up arguing about stuff. usually im involved in the arguement. idunno what to do. next time im biting my tongue.

all these responses did help a bit, i mean, at this age [no seeking im not gonna tell you http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'>] i should worry a bit more about fixing the relationship with my family. why run away from it? staying would be benificial for both sides. mmhmm

thanks.

anyway, anyone got any run away stories? tow up mentioned something about some, im just curious.

remember though..running from a problem isn't going to fix it..one of the reasons I am leaving other than the fact tha me and my family don't get along is that I am 18. I have palace to stay I might have me a decent job. Even though at the moment me and my mom aren't getting along while I am out of the house I am going to try to fix things up with her. if your like 13 or 14 your going to have ALOT harder time with things than i will. if your under 16 i would stick with it until you can atleast get a halfway decent job and can drive. but with finding a place outside of your city to styay I don't know how hard that would be for you. I have friends everywhee because I am always traveling and meeting new people when I go out of town. I don't know how your connections are out of your city so i can't really answer what you asked me.

ive been in a really big fught with my parents lately and i crashed at my friends house... it was kindda better cause we went out every night.......no worrying about not meeting up at the smae spot or place and it all cooled down with my parents....give it some time.

are you sure your not a 14 year old girl?

Archived