Runnin OS X on a PC

Vanity

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest me IS cool

Nah that shit won't work. Totally different structure.

But I might be wrong. I know on some other tech forum somebody actually pulled if off. I lost he link (it was on an older powerbook I used to own and gave it away so I doubt I can find it again).

:king:

Guest mikro137

its not possible due to the primary chipset that the apples run on any of their motherboards. osx is just as at fault as windows. its not microsofts fault either , its intels fault , and apples honestly. so enough bashing of windows. carry on.

Download some wack theme and you can emulate the GUI. There are some O.K. ones out there, as far as running the actual OS, you can't. If you are looking for a new operating system to play around with I recommend you download Linux (just run it as a secondary OS)

Darwin is the open sourced part of MacOSX. It's basically a tweak of FreeBSD, and includes most everything in the Mac operating system without the Aqua layer (Apple's GUI). I haven't played with it personally, but I think you can install X-11 on it, which would then allow for you to install KDE or Gnome.

Kind of a waste since Aqua is so what ties it all together. For that get a shit box x86 and throw linux on it. PearPC isn't worth the effort. It's an early beta emulator and is far more than a proof of theory than anything resembling an actual production environment.

Please note that these screenshots actually don't show PearPC itself but third party applications running under PearPC. PearPC has no GUI (except the "Change CD" button and the window frame).

These are screenshots PearPC users send to me. I've no idea about how they managed what you see, so don't bug me about it.
pearpc_xp_small.png

macosx2_small.jpg

Archived