Roots Reggae...

imported_Rebus

Anyone here in to reggae? What are your favourite songs? Ragga or classic rots?

These are some of mine:

"Under mi sensi" -Barrington Levy

"Jah Jah City" -Capleton

"I love marijuana" -Linval Thompson

"Rockers rock" -Augustus Pablo

"Sensemilla" -Barrington Levy

"Money is the root of all evil -Horace Andy

------------------

"King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of The Tribe of Judah..."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest SayOne

barrington levy, bounty killah, capelton, ninjaman, sean paul, cobra, mr. vegas, goofy,elepahnt man, and cant forget junior reid

yes eye!!!

BOB MARLEY "all of his"

STEEL PULSE "pick up the greatist hits or whateva they're standing in front of sheet metal"

JOHN BROWNS BODY!!!

OOKLA DA MOK

HUMBLE SOUL

WAILING SOULS

PETER TOSH

BUJU BANTON

BLACK UHURU

HORACE ANDY

SOME OF BAD BRAINS "HR"

YELLOW MAN

GREGORY ISSACS

WHO ARE SOME GOOD FEMALE SISTREN SINGAS?

THATS WHAT I WANNA KNOW...i heard this song on the radio and it was tight!still stuck in my head..

Roots Rock Reggae...yeah...itsa reggae music..

-BOB-

they push I down but I get back up..no.nna.no.na.no babylon you aint that tough.

-HUMBLE SOUL-

open sesame here comes Rasta Man..abracadabra catch me if you can..I know .you find it hard to believe.that.I AM.the genie of the lamp.and I can .do any thing you wish for.RIGHT NOW.I'm cammanding you to dance!steppin up.

-STEEL PULSE-

iF all the girls shoulda cross the sea..oh what a great swimmer YELLOW MAN would be..

-YELLOW MAN-

oh.Kindom rise and Kingdom fall..Babylon backin against the Wall.

-WAILING SOULS-

Don't get me started I spin dancehall infact if any of you are interested I just released a mix cd for 10$ plus shipping...heres the track listing

The Track list is this......

> 1) Krazy Bald heads-Luciano&Beenie man

> 2) Living Dangerously- Barrington Levy&Bounty killer

> 3)Bam Bam-Chaka Demus&Pliers

> 4)Too Young-Cocoa Tea&Buju Banton

> 5)Killa Sound Boy-Bounty Killer

> 6)The Return-Ninja Ford&Ninja Man

> 7)Revolution 96-Dennis Brown,Bounty Killer,&Beenie

> Man

> 8)The Sling Ting Riddim-SuperCat,Johnny

> Osbourne,&Tenor Saw

> 9)Wicked Dickie-Nadine Sutherland&Buju Banton

> 10)Hypocrites-Tony Rebel

> 11)Oneaway-Sizzla

> 12)Fire Bun-Louie Culture

> 13)One Blood-Junior Reed

> 14)Big Ninja Bike-Tanya Stevens

> 15)Cook-Mr.Lexxus

> 16)Tied Up Skirt-Red Rat

> 17)Look-Bounty killer

> 18)Limb By Limb-Cutty Ranks

> 19)Evil Plan-Elephant Man

hit me up at skotrel@hotmail.com

rebus heres some female chatters Sister nancy(bom bom),lady saw,nadine sutherland,and tanya stephens...

Heres some faves,tenor saw,cutty ranks,buru banton,buju banton,beenie,snaggapus,bounty killer,tanya stephens,super cat,and capletont

i'm into the old roots stuff, burning spear, the congoes, yabby u, culture and also king tubby, lee perry, the revolutionaries, prince far-i & other dub...as for good female reggae artists...there is susan cadogan (lee perry produced), marcia griffiths (brilliant), sister nancy (did 'bam bam'), phyliss dillon (does an excellent version of marlena shaw's 'woman of the ghetto'), dawn penn, the marvels (did 'rocksteady')

• 2 years later...

old schoo ll bob marlye is the best.....soem capleton... steel pulse...yellowo man....and burning spear and all them and cobra whatever...its all good.....but man....i cant help but go back to the ols ska stuff.....alot of peopel like reggae cus it mellow s them out ro gets them in certain moods or whatever....man fuckin ska does that all ten fold...the skatalites have been around longer than bob...and they rock it sick..not to say that bob aint a fucken meean ss reggae legend tha t doesnt get me hyped..cus no doubt he does but the ska stuff it just sick.....who ever says otheiwse is just dumb or just closed miunded....traditional ska is fucken bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Archived