Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Ronnie James Dio Metal Extravaganza Ballads Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Hank Parker, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Hank Parker

Hank Parker Senior Member

This thread is dedicated to the most unholy'est old man that can rock a crowd of old drywallers & electricians.
    I remember back in elementary school I'd go over to my friend Pauls house and his dad (who looked like Tom Petty) would always have the Dio cassette out and be moulding some unholy piece of artwork out of sculpy. Needless to say we thought Dio was for old people, because we liked And Justice For All. But we lost out And Justice For All cassette one time at our unholy fort of doom i think it was. So we swipped his dads Holy Diver cassette before this field trip we were about to embark on with our 4th grade class. We put that baby in our walkman in the back of the bus and totally rocked out to it. It soon became our cassette. And that song, after all these years, is the best damn song ever to rock out to. If you listen to it, you have to prepare your self in a modified "metaling it down, with legs far apart and flying v in hand" stance, also known as the smelting stance. This one's for you old man RJD. Keep rocking the world with your ballads of unholy beasts and wizards and other shit.

[​IMG]

2. JohnnyLode

JohnnyLode Member

I love the Holy Diver video, just seeing him carry a sword that is the same length as him rocks. Saw Dio couple years back with Maiden... it was awesome to say the least.

3. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

Dio is the fucking man. He's been rocking for so long, and he doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. I really hope when he comes around again I can see him.

Holy Diver is one of the best heavy metal albums, I have yet to listen to his new album, but I'm sure it is rocking

4. Hank Parker

Hank Parker Senior Member

5. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs Senior Member

6. 23578

23578 Elite Member

great thread title

my vote, best dio song, "man on the silver mountain" by rainbow

it's also too bad dio never got his dues back here in the us.

7. type R

type R Senior Member

its about time the holy diver got his own thread.

way better than that sabbath stuff.

8. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

9. alphabet soup

alphabet soup New Jack

dio truly is the star of the masquerade

10. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Dio's alright, def. has a voice that suit's the genre.. but, id take [​IMG]
    over Dio anyday.

11. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned