Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

ROME

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Weapon X, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

http://www.hbo.com/rome/about/

----------------------

Honestly, those of you who don't have HBO should snatch up DVDs of this as soon as it comes out. It's got all the elements. Humour, violence, sex, and politics.

CHECK IT OUT!

2. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

the promos I've seen have looked interesting enough to make me slightly annoyed that I don't have HBO.

3. MANIK DEK

MANIK DEK Member

yes i this is my favorite show besides rescue me and starved....oh yea and family guy

4. dead sentiment

dead sentiment Member

i saw it yesterday... nothing to write home about.

i guess i'm just not that into tv, or rome.

5. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

You'd like it much better if you watched it from the beginning, dead sentiment. Or, yeah, you're not that into tv, or rome.

6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah, this show rocks.
    i just watched the 5th episode today.
    best show next to the wire.

7. JUDONO?

JUDONO? Senior Member

i was gonna download this but i wasnt sure guess im gonna hit up thepiratebay.

8. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

I watched the first two episodes, pretty good, lots of sex and violence. They got all the episodes as they air up on tvtorrents.com. Accounts are free but necessary.

9. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

My girl has hbo and hbo on demand. Sunday nights its simpsons-family guy-american dad and then to hbo on demand for Rome. Last week they had episodes 3 and 4 on demand so I saw it a week before everyone else did. Woot.

This week it wasnt on demand so we had to hit up the 2am showing, thats how much we like the show..

10. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

11. deterrent

deterrent Veteran Member

never heard of it.

12. cloner

cloner Senior Member

i didnt really like the show. i only watched it once though, maybe ill give it another chance.

13. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus Senior Member

I've caught some episodes of a couple of different HBO series and they're amazingly formulaic. Slow pacing and never wrapping things up in an episode, predictable plots twists. Sure, Sopranos and shows like that are cool but I can't be bothered to have my schedule dictated by the television and I don't really want to watch 142 episodes to figure out what the fuck is going on.

Does this one actually have a one-plot-per-show type format or is it more of the protracted soap opera crap?

14. imported_grim540

imported_grim540 Member

It is a protracted storyline, but they manage to get things done quickly, ie some story element is solved every episode. I think the series is also going to span at least twenty to thirty years of history.

I think that the timeline they have started from is also a great starting point from the series. They started the series with Julius Ceasar returning from Gaul to take control of Roman Republic, I think they plan to carry the series all trough the Roman civil wars, and end it with Octavian (Augustus Ceasar) taking control of the Roman empire.

15. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus Senior Member

Maybe I'll check one or two out. I'm bitter after watching the entire first season of Carnivale and having almost nothing happen, then starting to watch the second season and finding out it was getting cancelled and the entire thing was a waste of time because the story was only 2% told.