Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Rock Climbing

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by JambaJuice, Jun 24, 2005.

1. KILZ FILLZ

KILZ FILLZ Moderator Crew

Again, sorry to hear that man. And I appologize for asking, I think with something like this it may be beneficial to learn where others have gone wrong.

Im very fortunate to have a couple of experienced guys to show me what's up and Im glad I have enough of their confidence to put their lives in my hands.

Webe gone a few times with a meet up group filled with other people I don't know and I rarely let any of them belay me.

2. KILZ FILLZ

Went indoor today and had a blast.

Handled a few different 5.9 and got halfway up a couple 5.10

Got a crimpy v3 under my belt today as well

Wanna go indoor more to focus on cleaning up my technique.

3. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

Don't let gym ratings give you too much of an ego boost. They're almost like two different sports. I love gyms, but I've crushed v8s in a gym, gone outside and been totally dominated by v3s of similar style.

So good for technique, though. And strength building. I used to go to my gym for like 4 hours, go grab lunch and take a quick hike, come back and burn another 4 hours. Great way to spend the winter to ensure you don't wind up weak in the spring.

4. KILZ FILLZ

I agree those ones seem wayyyyyyy easier. I'm usually grunting and sweating my way up 5.7 outdoor and I was flying up those 5.9 inside.

Fun as hell but kinda feel like they don't count Ya know..

I really need to work on my footwork. I guess I do a bunch of weird shit w them that I don't realize... Starting out w my toe planted and kinda rolling my foot so the outside ball by pinky toe is supporting me. Hard to explain. Feels right but I guess it makes problems for me with where my knees are at.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  5. KILZ FILLZ

climbed an outdoor 5.9 yeeee

6. KILZ FILLZ

got past the first two problems on this black route and was too burned outout for the 3rd

IMG_20151123_163036.jpg

7. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

That's really an impressive setup. Never seen anything like that.

8. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

I'm not good with heights but this does look tempting

9. asthma al

asthma al Veteran Member

Need to quit bullshittin and try it already, shit looks fun..

10. Shittles..TasteTheAsshole

Shittles..TasteTheAsshole Dirty Dozen Crew

Word. I've climbed real cliffs but never tried indoor. looks cool.

KILZ FILLZ likes this.
  11. KILZ FILLZ

Outdoor is much more rewarding

12. KILZ FILLZ

13. simon sandleshit

simon sandleshit Junior Member

Theres boulders built in parks around town made for practicing, i just picked up some cheap shoes off craigslist and a bag of chalk and have been having a good time..looking forward to doing some actual indoor climbing this winter and learning to belay and whatnot.

14. KILZ FILLZ

15. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew