Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

"robot suit"

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by KRON KING, Jun 8, 2005.

1. KRON KING

KRON KING Member

[​IMG]
    TOKYO (AFP) - Japan has taken a step into the science-fiction world with the release of a "robot suit" that can help workers lift heavy loads or assist people with disabilities climb stairs.
    ADVERTISEMENT
    click here

"Humans may be able to mutate into supermen in the near future," said Yoshiyuki Sankai, professor and engineer at Tsukuba University who led the project.

The 15-kilogram (33-pound) battery-powered suit, code-named HAL-5, detects muscle movements through electrical-signal flows on the skin surface and then amplifies them.

It can also move on its own accord, enabling it to help elderly or handicapped people walk, developers said.

The prototype suit will be displayed at the World Exposition that is currently taking place in Aichi prefecture, central Japan.

Japan has seen a growing market for technology geared toward the elderly, who are making up an increasing chunk of the population as fewer younger Japanese choose to start families.

A government report last week showed that pensioners made up a record 19.5 percent of the country's population in 2004 and that the ratio will grow rapidly, surpassing 35 percent in 2050.

go

2. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Member

3. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

YOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Imagin the spots you can climb to with that shit!
    I want one of those! All roofs are mine! I'll be a bombing machine!!! :D

I wonder if you can run mad faster in one too???

4. saraday

saraday Senior Member

crap, that's awesome.

5. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

Yeah man, it's really fucking hard to pick up a small asian woman, why don't we use this picture to demonstrate how well this suit works!

6. POIESIS

POIESIS Member

that's fucking sweet. almost as sweet as those sideburns.

7. creepy_cre2d

creepy_cre2d New Jack

i saw something similar to that that the army is making. Supposedly it can help you lift like 500lbs or something. I saw it in ID a while back.

8. Yellow Feets

Yellow Feets Senior Member

^Mr. Chup has a point.

I need to see this crap in action. Y'know, as in a video trailer or someshit. Someone keep us updated. This is actually pretty interesting. Oh yeah, I forgot to add "Damn, those Japanese".

9. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

True. :haha:

10. saraday

saraday Senior Member

i bet i could carry all my groceries in the house in one trip with one of those bad boys.

11. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

i was at the movies last night and the menus are now scrolling, it looked like the future in those future movies, like, total recall, timecop and shit like that.

i cant wait in about 5 year when we have to put on these suites to take down the evil spawns of asimo.

12. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

that picture would be awesome if it was that little dude holding a massive fat girl

13. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

haha...thats pretty much the first thing that popped in my head as well.

Is it possible we're over thinking it...maybe he was quadriplegic before hand?

whiteox...substitute fat girl with sumo wrestler and you have it.

14. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

Hah, I do that anyway.

15. Hermdog

Hermdog Elite Member

The begining of the Japanese invasion forces.... it's either robots, or bionic army men.... we're doomed...we can't even make a automobile correctly