Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

river barges

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by rob deer, Apr 28, 2004.

1. rob deer

rob deer Guest

after moving to a city on a big ass river I can't help but notice the similarities between Freights and Barges.

they're nice and rusty, they have a wide variety of colors and reporting marks, semi-chill layups...

2 questions...

has anyone tried to dent these yet?

and what maybe are the odds of getting spotted in cities like st. louis, memphis, st. paul/minneapolis, new orleans, baton rouge, debuque even?

and yeah, i seen that boat tie did.

2. QuakerOats

QuakerOats New Jack

sounds like a neat idea.

3. afterten

afterten Member

I've seen stuff on boats and barges before. just another surface to paint. all waterways and ports are pretty high security now with all the sept. 11th "terrorists everywhere" crap, so be careful.

4. Easy E

Easy E Member

errrr, not really. maybe the barges that carry container and crap like that...if there is any, because im pretty sure all of that is carryed on ships. barges usualy carry stuff like wood chips or crushed cars and generaly dont really have all that high security, if you pulled up beside one in a boat and started to paint i doubt anyone would even notice you.

5. type R

type R Senior Member

you saw the boat DONE FOR tie.

6. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

old news , theyre not hard to paint but there massive scale makes small artwork look stupid unless ur super close .plus water WILL wash away your shit if you paint it to low , and unless youre a oceanographer and know the water levels at given times its a guessing game . Too much trouble

7. parcheesey

parcheesey New Jack

i thot u were talking about the containers on them, if u are there is way too many of them to get known throught them.

8. rob deer

rob deer Guest

Re: Re: river barges

thanks.

as for the water levels there's a pretty obvious water stain where the barge is submerged when loaded,
    and I'm defenitly not talking about tractor truck containers.

any barges i'd be able to get to either carry sand, gravel, or scrap metal, i'm hoping somehow that these get layed up downtown someplace.

go bucks

9. EXiSTONE

EXiSTONE New Jack

not a bad idea, my whole life ive known spots on this river where theyve tied up barges to leave them for a few days till the next tug boat to gets to em and ive never thought to paint one, uve officially given me my next idea haha, thanx, ill let yah know how it goes. only thing im worried about is the rust on em, if uve ever seen one upclose or felt one theyre not exactly the smoothest/least flakey thing to paint on but oh well. lata.

10. taper

taper Elite Member

rollers with rusto bucket paint is what is needed. i did a few but you gotta realize they are rusty, exposed to harsh elements, so you need to take that into consideration when choosing a paint. id say dont wast your time unless you do a million of them.

11. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

Watch those giant cables. They can snap and take peoples heads off. The've even destroyed trees before.

12. und busboy

und busboy New Jack

If these were around where I live I would hit them. If it was chill enough I would try to take a little step ladder so the water would erode the piece away as fast.

13. adderall

adderall Elite Member

hit em.. the flick would be worth it