1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

RISK in the yard...

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by Graffiti Doc, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Graffiti Doc

Graffiti Doc New Jack

RISK in the yard...

Discussion started by Graffiti Doc - Sep 4, 2002

When I got into painting fr8s, I saw it as an opportunity to improve my skills because lay-ups and yards were supposed to be chill. I met the right people and went to enough yards but my past experiences have been pretty bad...
    On time we were at this cutty lay-up and we saw all these bags and sacks of stuff on the ground. We opened one and found out that it was a bag filled with boxes of paper.We realized it must have come off the FR8. Then we started doing this FR8 and 2 dudes jumped out at us with sticks and we had to run. I think they were breaking into trains and racking shit.
    Another time We were doing this FR8 in a big yard and it was chill for about 40 min. Suddenly this guy comes from under the train with a wrench in his hand. I break left, my other friend runs in the opposite direction and my third friend actually crawled up in the guts of the train without being seen. The dude with the wrench runs after me, grabs my foot and I fall, get back up and run left out of the yard. I listened to a group of voices as I ran. Turns out there were like 6 other guys who rolled up from the left. Damn am I glad I ran to the right!

My point is this, because of these past experiences I don't ever feel as comfortable around trains as I used to. I would rather do street bombing, I feel its much much safer than some yards. Do you carry weapons and if so what? Does anyone else feel like this?

Graffiti Doc - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  2. SPFlatty

SPFlatty Guest

SPFlatty - Replied Sep 4, 2002

i carry sharp ass styles and slice fools that abuse the yard...and a pocket knife for the occasional bum or moron trying to flash.

3. Are2

Are2 Guest

Are2 - Replied Sep 4, 2002

in my area
    the streets are much worse than the yards..

one of the train spots recently got a little heated when a fucking serial killer started dumping the bodies of prostitutes nearby the yard..

needless to say, out-of-the-way parking near there became incredibly stupid..not to mention a little dangerous..

i paint at a big variety of spots..i've tried to stick with what i consider to be the best yard...high turnover, nice cars, not too dangerous, off the beaten path..

but of course there are the other spots that aren't so safe...etc.

i won't bring weapons with me though (most of the time) unless its pretty innocuous, like mace, because i don't wanna get caught with them..

the police care a lot more about weapons than they do about trains (around here)

4. schick1

schick1 Guest

schick1 - Replied Sep 4, 2002

yeah, some spots are real skethchy, i try and stick to industrial spots where no lives, but still places like that attract undisirables for sure. once I rolled up to a spot and dudes were robbing trains and we were like "hey chill were just painting we dont care about yall" and they said cool but we decided to leave anyways just cause it seemed stupid to paint. but yeah bring mace if you feel uncumfortable, i got a small pocket knife i carry some times but shit like that will more offent hurt you more than it helps. just tell anyone thats not a woker or a bull(obvisoulsly) that your just painting and youll mind your own business if they do the same.

5. rusto-man

rusto-man 12oz Member

rusto-man - Replied Sep 5, 2002

all you need is a lighter.....use your paint to burn the fuckers hair off his head.....dont go out like a chump.

rusto-man - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  6. curious

curious 12oz Member

curious - Replied Sep 5, 2002

i carry one sharp ass 6 inch knife i hang from my back-pack
    but your better off looking for a spot that is behind a company where
    there are fr8ts posted up that is the only way to paint them and be safe!
    no heat no sweat

curious - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. killmyself

killmyself New Jack

killmyself - Replied Sep 5, 2002

Are 2, what spot was that with the serial killer railbox or fort?

Anyway most of the writers i know carry mace. I use mace and a switch folder knife, but i carry that every day reguardless. I think its best to stick to yards or spots that arent highly known so in another words, far away from the core of the writers. Around here most people know the main spots in the city, so we concentrate in the boonies or yards people are to scared to go in. train yards are safer than the streets definately. you have the jump on someone in the yard unless they are actually waiting for you. just be observant. remember it is hard as shit for that person to see you at night, and the same goes the other way. people cant zone in on you from far away, it is usually only about 10 cars away with a lot of light, and as far away as 3 or so in dark conditions. and sounds generally dont travel as far as you think. next time your in there, see how far away you can actually hear your friend spraying.

but i think im gonna go back to carry my machete and 6 d cell mag lite. just incase... ;)

killmyself - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  8. Are2

Are2 Guest

Are2 - Replied Sep 6, 2002

edited for content

9. killmyself

killmyself New Jack

killmyself - Replied Sep 6, 2002

thats what i thought. rbox. no we dont really no each other per se, unless you count seeing eachother or breif encounters. you just probably know the name. peace.

killmyself - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  10. restless

restless New Jack

restless - Replied Sep 9, 2002

Don't use weapons, not against any guards or other people there. It will get the yard all hot and shit. If you have to use your paint... throw it at them or spray in there fuckin' eye's...... but make sure to run!!!!

restless - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  11. KaBar

KaBar 12oz Senior Member

KaBar - Replied Sep 11, 2002

I very rarely write, but I spend a lot of time hanging out in hobo jungles near my favorite yard. There's a lay-up on the "other side" of the wye in the western throat of my yard that I have been told is "extremely hot." I believe it, every time I hump my gear down there to my other jungle, I find empty cans, beer cans and all manner of trash indicating graf writers have been at work.

This is way beyond stupid. The railroad bulls and the city cops work this area from time-to-time, but why would any writer leave evidence like this laying all over the place? Not too bright, is all I can figure.

Neither the cops or the bulls care if I camp in my jungles, apparently. I've been hanging out there for over two years, off and on, and have caught out from an area not too far from my jungle. Never been hassled. I got rousted one time, at Englewood Yards in north Houston, but even that time I didn't get a ticket. The bull just told me to beat it after taking down my name and Driver's License information.

So far, I've had very little problem with undesireable creeps giving me a hard time. Good thing, because I carry a street legal sheath knife and a gun all the time, and I would not hesitate to shoot an attacker, especially an armed attacker. I avoid trouble like the plague, but I will smoke anybody that jumps on me. I am a licensed Concealed Handgun License holder, and when the cops stop me, I give them both my Driver's License and my CHL, just like the law requires. Inevitably, it's a tip of the hat and "Thanks very much, Mr. KaBar. Please drive a little slower." Treat the cops with respect, and they will return the favor.

When I was younger, it was a little tougher, but the truth is that I used to break the law a lot more when I was younger. Not no more. Tresspassing and hopping trains are just about my only crimes, these days. No more smoking dope, DUI or any of that other stupid teenager shit for me any more. But, of course, when I was younger, we just felt obligated to do shit we knew was illegal, for some reason. I outgrew that stupidity about age twenty. With the exception of trainhopping, of course.

kage212 likes this.
    KaBar - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. KillYurSteel

KillYurSteel 12oz Member

KillYurSteel - Replied Sep 13, 2002

hmmmm

KillYurSteel - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. Sheat

Sheat New Jack

Sheat - Replied Sep 14, 2002

yard technic weapon

if u have to use it i use the sha------clonkkkkkkkkkk--- method heres how it goes if u have to take the can spray it in the bad guys eyes thats called the shaaaaaaa then when he cant see hit him over the head thats the clonnnnnk part get it

Sheat - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  14. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

~KRYLON2~ - Replied Sep 15, 2002

i carry a flath head screwdriver.....i'll fuck you up anger managment style

~KRYLON2~ - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  15. oldfaithful

oldfaithful Guest

oldfaithful - Replied Sep 16, 2002

i just keep that can ready to spray...i always have a knife in my pocket, but if i have to use that then shits get pretty serious...spray and and hit is my choice