Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

RIP RATAS LTS

Discussion in 'Rest In Peace' started by THE FAILURE, Jan 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE FAILURE

THE FAILURE New Jack

By now im sure the word is out, but i thought i would post something in this section to let other people know. Anyone that knew him knows he was a good kid, up until he got caught up with drugs. He was in LA staying with his folks trying to get sober. one night while painting he was shot by gangsters. Its fucked up that the last part of his life revolved around drug addiction...I personally witnessed him go from a good person to an addict. But this isnt the place to look back on his weaknesses or flaws. Rest In Peace Ratas LTS 1977-2003

2. DonPedro

DonPedro New Jack

DAMN IF THIS IS TRUE .. ITS ALWAYS A SAD LOSS FOR THE GRAFF GAME WHEN SHIT LIKE THIS HAPPENS.. I REMEMBER SEEING SUM UPS BY HIM N REYES LAST TIME I WAS IN S.F.... WE ALL GOTA DEAL WITH OUR INER DEMONS SOMETIMES.. LETS REMEMBER THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN JUST GRAFF.. AND ITS A NEVER ENDING CYCLE.. OR AS ID LIKE TO PUT IT.. "THE.VICIOUS.CYCLE.." I GOTA GET AT MY BOY FOKIS FOR THIS ONE.. REST IN POWER RATAS ONE.. LTS...:king:

3. Molestor

Molestor Member

4. gargantuan

gargantuan New Jack

can anybody corrobarate this claim? hey failure, how do know his brother? there is quite an age and lifestyle difference between rats and his brother. how come we arent seeing r.i.p. pieces by reyes and other lts-ers?

5. THE FAILURE

THE FAILURE New Jack

Ive known his brother since ive known him. Me and rats used to paint
    back in the day when he wrote dzam. As far as people not doing any rip stuff, i dont really know why. I know he and reyes kinda stopped being homies when he started useing drugs. I have, however, seen some rip stuff in La that brail has done. I live in the valley, so i dont really get out to la that much. There might be some rip stuff being done in frisco, but i dont live there so i cant say. I dont know reyes that well, but we used to be homies back when he and brail were in a crew together called SM. Which is why sometimes people in LTS will write LTSM. regardless, thats all i know about it, which isnt much...which is why im asking other people on this post for information. I think is really dissrespectfull to get simantical over something like this, so ill end this post now. All i can say without a doubt is that hes gone, and i fucking miss him.

6. gargantuan

gargantuan New Jack

Yo, there is no disrespect intended whatsoever. It's just a hard fact to swallow. I knew rats from the valley also, before he wrote dzam B5K. (He wrote kain when he was a toy). But we havent been in touch for a while. It sucks to learn of his passing from an internet forum. We kicked it every day for years. I always thought he was one of the funniest and coolest cats I knew. His graff and art was always on point. He could always make me laugh. Sorry but its really hard for me to hear this. Failure, please email me at [email protected].

peace

7. Fugazi

Fugazi Senior Member

I really don't think this is true. It's like when the whole Saber died thing came about on here; just another thing to make forums look like a bunch of dumb gossip. I talked to a friend of Ratas' today, and he made no mention of it. Usually when someone passes away that writes, the truth travels quickly.

8. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

:nope: havent seen anything....and usually i would hear something about this sorta stuff and i havent heard anything.

if it is true r.i.p.

9. 22fillmore

22fillmore New Jack

10. deadasdreams

deadasdreams Member

i heard he's still alive and well...plus i thought i saw a new bmxr tag a few days ago...but then again nothing has been proven ethier way.

11. Elton Juan

Elton Juan New Jack

Damn, I had to make a few calls, but hes actually gone. Retna didnt even know...this shit is tripping me out...this is why I fucking hate message boards. I always end up feeling like the last to know shit.

12. TheOh

TheOh Senior Member

i didnt know the guy but i first started seeing his shit when he wrote DsamBSK in SF. wether he was writing Dsam or Ratas, i always thought his shit was on point. i remember seeing a DsamBSK marker tag on top of a newspaper box on Taylor and Geary next to Walgreens. and then i would always see his pieces in the Dubose tunnel. i always had respect for his style right up to when he was writing BMX. it sounds like there might be a little confusion as to wether he really passed, but if he did i wanna extend my condolences to his friends who might read this board and to his family. rest in power.

13. KiLL Or DiE

KiLL Or DiE Senior Member

Damn I Cant believe it, is it really true?...I met Rats and his boy Poyse at the Montgomery Building (If you never went to the Montgomery building, damn you missed some tight shit, pieces on all floors ,I think there was more than 7 floors, people from the local toys to big timers). here in Oakland a while ago and he was cool as Fuck. I remember I was there with my Boy and we ran into them. We introduce each other and he was all like "yeah go ahead go over my shit cause there aint no more space up in this bitch", but fuck that I wasnt at his level , you know how it is, if you cant burn dont go over it,so we just painted somewhere else. But yeah homeboy had some mad styles. I'm new to this site and when I ran into this thread I was really shocked. Like someone said this aint the way to find out about things. I really didnt know the guy, but personally he was and still is one of my favorite writters, like I said when i met him he was all cool and shit, and that was a good impression he left on me, I've met some writters that have a little fame and act like assholes but I was surprised that him being a big time cat was cool about things. Well all I have left to say is Rest In Power and Rock the heavens boy. You will be missed..

REST IN POWER RATS LTS, DREAM TDK....

14. thabossnigga

thabossnigga Senior Member

i havent heard shit or seen any rip stuff in frisco, so im leaning towards this being not true... if it is, damn... rest in power nigs. sucks that he got caught up with drugs... that fool grey is headin in the same direction... remind me never to paint in LA.

15. 22fillmore

22fillmore New Jack

it isn't true about rats.

and hey bosswhatever the fuck, where do you get off talking about people that you dont even know? especially about something that doesnt concern you and that you obviously know nothing about. keep your mouth shut about other people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.