RIP Mitch Hedberg 1968 - 2005

DITDxCULT

No news stories are up yet about this - this is the first thing I found online

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first time I ever heard Mitch Hedberg, he was talking about how he "wished he could play little league right now because he'd kick some f**cking ass". I continued to listen and he was convinced that "if carrots got you drunk, then surely rabbits would be f**cked up." Mitch had a unique style of comedy that you either got or it just flew right over your head. Mitch was a regular on Comedy Central and David Letterman and will be missed by everyone who was fortunate enough to hear his routines. Read more here or here

hedberg2.jpg

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this sucks, he was a really funny dude. i was looking to see if he was going to be doing any shows out here a few weeks ago. then i found out this morning what happened :(

" when i walk down the street and someone hands me a flyer, it's like they're saying, 'here, YOU throw this away.'"

Damn, he died. Thats fucking sad. I am really going to miss his comedy. He had like the funniest jokes and he would always deliver the joke so seriously like it was nothing, thats what made his shit funny. I remember how he said he was tripping out on acid and went into the woods and saw a bear and he said "hello mister bear" that was the first joke i heard out of him and ill never forget it.

Mitch Hedberg

Rest In Peace man.

"Has anyone seen me on Lettermen? 2 billion people watch that show and I don't know where they are. You might have seen this next comedian on the Late Show, but I think more people have seen me at the store."

more here.....http://hometown.aol.com/valleygirl1983/mitch.html

hiya fantom.

"I can't imagine a scenario in which I would need to prove that I bought a doughnut...Some skeptical friend, don’t even act like I didn't buy a doughnut, I've got the documentation right here...oh wait it's back home in the file...under "D", for doughnut."

pretty much sums up his entire style....such a funny guy.

RIP

first hunter now mitch, my heroes are falling fast.......I was drinking red wine the other day and my friend christine was like, "doesn't that give you a headache" yeah eventually, but the first and the middle part are amazing....i'm not gonna stop doing something because of what happens at the end...hey mitch you want an apple, no eventually it'll be a core....hard times for a hedberg fan.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube@Mar 31 2005, 02:47 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Fuck that. Comedy's just about left to suck again.

that's what i was saying when i read the title of this thread...fuck!!

i was just listening to him on the social crime the other day.

now i won't ever get to see him live...NOOOO!!!!!!

"THIS SHIRT IS DRY CLEAN ONLY, WHICH MEANS...ITS DIRTY."

"I SEEN A HUMAN PYRAMID BEFORE...IT WAS VERY UNNECESSARY"

"I WAS IN MY HOTEL ROOM AND MY FRIEND COMES OVER AND SAYS "CAN I USE THE PHONE?" I SAID "CERTAINLY" HE SAID "DO I NEED TO DIAL 9?" "YEAH...ESPECIALLY IF ITS IN THE NUMBER...YOU CAN TRY 4 AND 5 BACK TO BACK REAL QUICK"

MEROES

RIP MITCH

Guest im not witty

im going to get a map and put pins in all the places ive been. but first ive got to go the places that are in the corners of the map.

fuck! i hope this is a joke.

"An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. You would never seen an Escalator temporarily out of order sign, just Escaloaor temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience."

"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said "I hear music" As though there's another way you can take it in. Your not special. That's how I recieve it too. I tried to taste it, but it did not work."

It's not a fake. RIP.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1499352/2...?headlines=true

Comedian Mitch Hedberg was found dead in a New Jersey hotel room Wednesday morning, according to Minnesota's Pioneer Press. He was 37.

The cause of death has not been determined, and details concerning his death have yet to be

released. The Pioneer Press reported that Hedberg's family has been told he suffered a heart attack.

The comic — who bore an uncanny resemblance to Rush frontman Geddy Lee and once explained the reason his was not a household name was because most of his fans lived in apartments — spent much of his career straddling that fine line between cult status and relatively larger stardom. Born and raised in St. Paul, Minnesota, Hedberg was known for his disheveled hippie look, his relaxed, almost sedate stage manner, and his dawdling delivery — his face forever concealed behind a pair of shades and a wall of floppy bangs.

Much like Steven Wright, Hedberg was a master of the sharp-as-glass-shards one-liner ("Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something"; "I would imagine if you understood Morse code, a tap dancer would drive you crazy"; "When someone hands you a flier, it's like they're saying, 'Here, you throw this away.' ") His comical, almost-too-obvious observations about life's subtle peculiarities inspired Time magazine to declare the stand-up comic "the next Seinfeld" in 2000.

A frequent guest on Howard Stern's morning radio show and "Late Show With David Letterman," Hedberg's resume also included several television and film roles, including appearances on FOX's "That '70s Show," the NBC comedy series "Ed" and the animated shows "Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist" and "Home Movies."

Hedberg also lent his voice to Comedy Central's "Crank Yankers," played the Eagles' road manager in the film "Almost Famous" and wrote, directed, produced and starred in the 1999 independent film "Los Enchiladas!" The film centered on a small Mexican restaurant in Minneapolis, where Hedberg's character, a drifter, was working as a cook until he suddenly found himself in charge of the joint after the manager attacked a customer and the chef left for a better job.

Hedberg's first television appearance came on MTV's stand-up series "Comikaze," a gig he landed by personally pitching his act to the program's talent coordinator. In 1997, he won the grand prize at the Seattle Comedy Competition. Years of headlining club tours followed, and Hedberg eventually secured a development deal with FOX to create a sitcom, though that project never came to fruition. In 2003, Comedy Central Records issued his albums Mitch All Together and Strategic Grill Locations, and sponsored a tour with Hedberg, Lewis Black of "The Daily Show" Dave Attell of "Insomniac."

"He had a heart of gold," his mother, Mary Hedberg, told the Pioneer Press. "He was a brilliant comic and a wonderful person."

Hedberg joked often about drug abuse, but in a recent interview, he said he'd given up smoking marijuana several years ago. "For 10 years, it was amazing, but then I had to give it up because it didn't feel as good," he said. "The audience thinks I'm stoned all the time and I have to write my material that way ... so sometimes, when they come up to me after a show and ask me to join them, I just tell them I'm an undercover cop."

According to an article published in the Los Angeles Times in 2003, Hedberg spent two-and-a half-days in jail, and six weeks in a hospital bed, following his arrest in May of that year for felony heroin possession. But Hedberg said he was arrested for "possession of paraphernalia and pills and things like that. My actual bust was minor. I got a misdemeanor. People used that bust to try and prove that I was busted for having, like, a kilo of heroin on me."

A posting on Comedy Central's Web site reads, "Tragically, Mitch Hedberg passed away this week. Mitch was a beloved member of the Comedy Central family, and we join fans in our sadness. He will be missed."

— Chris Harris, with additional reporting by Gil Kaufman