Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

RIP FREDDY<--- for all the drunks out there!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by BIG T, Jan 4, 2002.

1. BIG T

BIG T Member

NOORDWIJK, Netherlands -- The brewery chief who helped make his family's lager one of the world's most popular has died.

Alfred Henry Heineken, who was 78, died in the Dutch town of Noordwijk, the company Heineken NV said without revealing what caused his death.

He was responsible for developing the Heineken brand in the post-World War II years and through innovative marketing helped persuade drinkers to buy the beer ahead of cheaper alternatives.

Heineken returned from a two-year stint in the U.S. convinced advertising would ensure the success of the beer.

He revamped the Heineken bottle into the famous green bottle and designed the red star logo that the company retains today.

Company chief executive Karel Vuursteen said: "With the death of Freddy Heineken a unique man left us."

Heineken started his career at the company, which was founded in 1864 by his grandfather, Gerard Adriaan Heineken, in June 1942.

Heineken retired as the head of Heineken Holding NV in November 2001 as The Netherlands' richest man with an estimated fortune of $3.6 billion.

But his wealth also made him a target for criminals. In 1983, he was abducted for three weeks, before being released unharmed.

Heineken's family will retain his controlling stake in the brewer, which trails only Anheuser Busch and Interbrew in terms of size.

He is survived by his wife, daughter and five grandchildren. No date has been set for his funeral which will be a private service.

RIP TO A TRUE KING! :king: :king: :king:

2. RIP Freddy, i'll be drinking your beer till i die

3. 455

455 Guest

same here....I better down a few bottles in his memory today.

4. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

now tonights drunken escapades will mean something....

5. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

my plans for the night have taken a serious change of course...
    out with the burbon, in with the heinies!

Want to touch the heinie!

6. fiberoptical

fiberoptical New Jack

I will have a drink in memory of..

7. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member