Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

RIP 'Dimebag' Darrell

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ledzep, Dec 9, 2004.

1. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

Gunman targets heavy metal band

Damageplan were formed by ex-members of metal group Pantera
    A gunman opened fire on a rock band and crowd during a concert at a nightclub in Columbus, Ohio, on Wednesday, killing four people and injuring two.
    The man targeted heavy metal group Damageplan, which contains former members of Pantera, as they began their set in a club packed with 200 people.

At least one member of the band is believed to be among the dead.

Police said the man got on stage and fired on the band before turning on the crowd. He was then shot dead by police.

'Horrific scene'

Columbus police spokesman Sergeant Brent Mull said an officer arrived shortly after the shooting began.

"If the officer wasn't as close as he was, I think this would have been a lot worse," he said. "It was a chaotic scene, just a horrific scene."

Sgt Mull would not identify the victims of the attack at the Alrosa Villa club and said the motive was not known.

One witness, Chris Couch, 22, who said he was standing about 30 feet (nine metres) from the stage, said a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt and hockey jersey walked up to the stage.

'Grudge'

"It was definitely a grudge. It was against something," he said.

Damageplan were formed in 2003 by guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott and drummer brother Vinnie Paul Abbott after their former band, Pantera, split up.

Pantera were one of the most popular metal bands of the early 1990s, topping the US album charts and getting a Grammy nomination for 1994 release Far Beyond Driven.

The pair were joined in the new band by singer Pat Lachman and bassist Bob "Zilla" Kakaha.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4081073.stm

-------
    heres some interesting news.

2. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Sound's a bit far fetched to me.

3. im not witty

im not witty Guest

dude, dimebag darrel is dead, that shits pretty wack.

4. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

damn, this shit is heavy, i feel sorry for his bro, RIP.

5. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

Rumor had it that Vinnie was dead too - but apparently a steak and onion hoagie that he was eating blocked the bullet.

6. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

He can't even complain about that shit. What better way is there for a heavy metal star to die?

7. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Link to a better article at the Washington Post:

RIP Dimebag and others.

8. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

wow...I heard a small snippet on the news when I got home. nice link poop.

shits fucked up. RIP.

9. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

what a wack ass title for a thread about dimebag darrell passing. weak ass shit. dude probably dont even know who dimebag is. people starting threads they have no idea about just to be first.

RIP DIMEBAG

10. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

horrible - rip dimebag

shit wouldnt have happened if kerry was president

11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

"this is the worst day in heavy metal history"?!
    naw, sorry homie....that would be sep 27th, 1986.

seeks/cliff em all

12. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

I know perfectly well who dimebag was.

When I started the thread it hadn't been released yet that it was dimebag who was killed.

I am all for having a mod change the title of the thread to focus on the death of dimebag darrel.

13. docs

docs Member

damn that shits riddiculous

R.I.P. Dimebag

14. docs

docs Member

its sucks to see a guitar hero go out like that

R.I.P. Dimebag

15. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

i was reading this article about him in an old guitar world i had laying around a couple days ago. that fucking sucks.

R.I.P Dimebag