Riots in Montreal......

Frate_Raper

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

speaking of riots. i remember the riot over in st. petersburg florida in 96-97 when a white police officer shot and killed a black suspect in the middle of traffic. i think the black guy was in a car chase with him.

police told him to stop, guy kept running. shots fired. he dies.

of course, this was (quite possibly) in/near the ghetto area.

the riot was intense.

needless to say, a lot of white kids didn't show up in school the next day.

there was also mini riots happening in my school that same week (after the shooting). blacks against whites, might have been. blah, i can't remember.

::end middle school memories::

edit: when i said "guy kept running," this is after he got out of the car in the middle in the street during rush-hour.

I just saw the footage. jesus some of those kids are rediculous. they talked to the typical francophone punk with the rediculously huge mohawk and tenuous grasp of english. he made them look like bigger jackasses. torching flipped over cars. smashing store fronts. makes for good footage. the guy who hops on the back of that cop van and tries to rip the siren off while its rolling gets high marks from me however.

I just hope Club Supersexe isn't destroyed.

--------- the story

Total Chaos was supposed to happen on stage in a Montreal concert hall Tuesday night. Instead it spilled out in to the city's streets.

Montreal police and local business owners spent Wednesday morning surveying damage from the riot that broke out after a concert featuring punk bands Total Chaos and the Exploited was cancelled at the last minute. Hundreds of angry fans took to the street just before 8 p.m., burning cars and breaking windows.

The crowd of almost 500 left 42 vandalized cars and a number of burglarized businesses in its wake.

“Eight of those cars were set on fire so they are completely destroyed,” Ian Lafrenière, a spokesman for the Montreal police, told CBC Newsworld Wednesday. “We've got 11 businesses minimum that were the target of those rioters.”

The businesses, seven located on St. Denis Street and four on St. Catherine Street, had windows smashed and goods stolen from them.

“(Some) are completely destroyed inside and are completely empty,” Mr. Lafrenière said. “... It was a pretty nasty thing for us to see.”

The Montreal police arrested seven people at the scene Tuesday night and Mr. Lafrenière said he expects that number to grow shortly. One woman has been charged with armed assault, and five adults and one minor for mischief and disturbing the peace.

“With all the footage we got from what happened yesterday there will be numerous people charged later on,” he said. “We have investigators on the case. It is not over at all.”

The concert was cancelled after some members of the Exploited were refused entry into the country by Canada Customs, the French-language TV channel LCN reported. Two nights earlier they had played a concert in Rhode Island.

Two police officers were taken to hospital with minor injuries.

At a Wednesday morning press conference, Montreal police admitted that they were caught off guard by the riot.

“The event surprised us, by its magnitude and the speed with which it happened,” Inspector Yves Surprenant said. “But you've got to understand we don't have people at every street corner in Montreal. They're spread all over the city and it takes time to get them all in one specific area and ready for action.

“We're not going to send in five officers to deal with several hundred people.”

Paul Matte, co-owner of the Medley, where the show was to have taken place, said Wednesday that the club learned from Immigration Canada at about 7:15 p.m. the bands wouldn't make it.

“About 15 or 20 minutes later, we got in touch with the police and said the show had to be cancelled,” Mr. Matte told RDI, Radio-Canada's all-news channel. “It took about 10 minutes to send us one patrol car. They saw what was going on, the number of people, so they asked for five more cars. That's when we agreed together to tell people the show was off.”

Mr. Lafrenière told the CBC that police were notified of the problem at 7:44 p.m., giving them very little time to prepare.

“It was not the kind of intervention that we knew about a few weeks, a few days or a few hours before it happened,” he said. “It was a decision made in a few seconds for us. We're going to take a few weeks and months to check out what happened and see if that was the right way for us to react.”

i was in what may have been considered a riot one year in new york for the dropping of the big apple, they were flipping over cop cars and shit.

a police department in a city that will remain annonymous once tried to charge me with inciting a riot at a protest but couldnt get enough evidence.

although riots are fun they are also dangerous, i have been hospitilized by cops at riots.

*editnote...i dont know how to spell

Archived