"Riding the Rails" video

KaBar

I ran across a cool VHS tape at my local library, a 72 minute film by two filmakers named Michael Uys and Lexy Lovell called "Riding the Rails." They sugar coated it a little, but it's really a super film. It's mostly interviews with old 78-year-old guys and one really neat little old lady named Peggy who were all hobo kids back in the '30s in the Great Depression. That Peggy is something else--I wish I had known her when she was a kid. It's a good movie, go check it out at your local library.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest fr8lover

yeah i rented that out at my library last year...its cool those guys still get on and hop a train once in awhile...the stories about people getting killed and losing limbs were pretty horrible.

just the images of 50 guys in one open boxcar were pretty amazing...cool pbs stylee documentary...

• 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I ran across a cool VHS tape at my local library, a 72 minute film by two filmakers named Michael Uys and Lexy Lovell called "Riding the Rails." They sugar coated it a little, but it's really a super film. It's mostly interviews with old 78-year-old guys and one really neat little old lady named Peggy who were all hobo kids back in the '30s in the Great Depression. That Peggy is something else--I wish I had known her when she was a kid. It's a good movie, go check it out at your local library.

my fear is that we may some day soon see those same young faces, looking back with such despair. Only now there is no crops to follow, no hope of a better future out in rural America

Archived