Riders of Bicycles......question

George Dubyah Bush

ok, so im intrigued into going to work on a bike............but its fucking hot as balls down here in s fla so, what, do you guys show up to work all sweaty and change into your clothes smelling all stank?

if i were to ride a bike to work, i'ma real clean freak so i would have to take a shower before i put on work clothes......how do you guys approach the sweat and smell factor?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest MR BOJANGLES

Its hot as 5 fat hos here in ohio too and i ride a bike to work a lot. my advice carry deoderant in your bag and "whore bathe" when you get to work. ( splash water on your face and armpits).

G Dub..riding a bike in this South FL heat is fuckin crazy. Youd be lucky if the tires didnt melt to the street. I see a big group of bikers every once in awhile around town.

There must be about 50 of them. They all ride on the side of the road in a line like ants. All sporting the latest in bright color spandex. Fuckin losers.

I had a Huffy back in the day I used to ride to school with. But there was no shoulder on the road so I road in the grass on the side of the road. I just put that shit in 1st gear and went about 1 mph. One time some dickhead threw a fuckin battery at me. Not some AAA or some shit..it was one of those big ones that go in like big flashlights or something. Luckily the shit aint hit me. Thats about all the experience I have with bikes.

good question. i live in the bay area, so it never gets extremely hot here. as for my job, i don't have to really change for it because my job is casual. real casual. walk in your pajamas with messy ass hair, just as long as you do your job-casual. but i think that mr. bojangles might be right in order to solve your problem. give it a try. wear light clothes.

well, I've never worn deoderant, and I don't stink, so it's coo, but... I also used to ride 6.5 miles to work everyday, at noon...

so, I used to shave my armpits, well, actually used clippers and a #1 guard, then carried 2 small towels... arrive at work at least 15 minutes early and stand around outside, or in an inconspicuous place to cool down, find some shade and use one towel to wipe the sweat that is sure to pour out of you for a few more minutes... when your heart rate slows and you quit pouring sweat, head straight for the bathroom, take the sink shower, wash your pits a bit... wet your hair, then use the clean towel on your head, then body, then hop in a stall and change into work clothes...

of course this is all only worth it if you're going to have a decent ride before you get there, otherwise you could just carry one towel and I'd still suggest changing clothes...

------------------

2 Can Sam

pretty much what smart said. for me i skip the shaving my pits part. i bring my clothes plus a change of undies and some tea trea oil deo for that natural flavor. cool down, rinse off, change the clothes and that's it. really the fresh boxers are the key though. it helps that i can now dress real casual at my new job.

Guest mopius

i would just go in sweaty or whatever...unless you have to deal with people a lot like a sales person, or just change into clothes like at a gas station right before work or something like that...

Originally posted by Devilush:

as for my job, i don't have to really change for it because my job is casual. real casual. walk in your pajamas with messy ass hair, just as long as you do your job-casual. B]

You must work in web design.....

anyway tomorrow I'm getting a bike lock, and I'm going to bike for the very first time in the city (I live in the middle of nowhere so while biking cars were never really a big problem). I'm scared (for real). I don't want to get hit by a car.... wish me luck.

------------------

you are beautiful, just not on the inside

Guest HESHIANDET

i think there is a positive thing happening here. nothing to be scared about lush, just ride smart.

------------------

stonecutters#1

Archived