1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Rick Moranis Dead at 51.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by iloveboxcars, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

Rick Moranis Dead at 51.

Discussion started by iloveboxcars - Jun 12, 2004

WASHINGTON - Rick Moranis, star of children's favorite 'Honey I Shrunk The Kids', and the classic 'Spaceballs' died yesterday, at age 51.

Moranis was fatally injured at 11:50 a.m. Sunday when struck by a north-bound train one-half mile north of the Napavine depot while running on the track in front of the speeding locomotive.

Rushed to the Chehalis hospital by K. L. Marvin, ambulance driver, he was pronounced dead on arrival, and Coroner Joe Chytil was called to conduct an investigation.

Bud Nacht, who accompanied Marvin on the ambulance call, reported the conductor of the train said "[he] was running down the track apparently trying to flee from the engine, and we were unable to stop the train in time to prevent hitting him."

Deputy Sheriff Arthur E. Roswell, who conducted series of tests at mile post 63, scene of the accident, in an effort to better understand the baffling death, clung to a pole six feet from the railroad tracks while a train rushed by in similated circumstances. Roswell said that even had Moranis stepped from the tracks, he would have been sucked under the wheels of the "monster" if he had been that close to the engine.

"That's the most terrifying experience I’ve ever had," said Roswell. "That train loomed out of the dark in an overpowering manner. It towered upon the spot as it roared down upon me, and I believe no man could have hung onto that post with the suction that was caused by the air currents."

Sighted by Engineer

Moranis was sighted by the engineer as he ran down the track, and reportedly made no effort to get off the path of the heavily-laden locomotive.

Mrs. Margaret J. Holtberg, Napavine telephone operator, told a Daily Chronicle reporter Moranis was known locally as a "very cheery person." "People would always ask to take pictures with him," the operator said, "he always obliged, and he was always cheerful and smiling."

Citizens of hometown in Toronto, Canada were shocked at the news of his death and could recall no reason.

Rick Moranis was widowed in the early 1990s when his wife died of cancer. He is survived by his two children from that marriage.

The body is at the Sticklin mortuary in Chehalis, where it was identified by Burton and funeral arrangements are pending.

Coroner Chytil declined to be quoted as saying the death was suicide, but said further investigation into the circumstances was being made, although indications pointed to suicide.

http://24.46.68.186:40/yahoo/entertainment/07866.html

iloveboxcars - Rank: 12oz Royalty - Messages:
  2. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

DETO - Replied Jun 12, 2004

no.
    Rest In Power Eh,
    (I bought Strange Brew on DVD today...)

DETO - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  3. effyoo

effyoo 12oz Elite Member

effyoo - Replied Jun 12, 2004

Dont even get me started on Strange Brew....

RIP

effyoo - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

DETO - Replied Jun 12, 2004

*tries to get effyoo started on strange brew*

DETO - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  5. effyoo

effyoo 12oz Elite Member

effyoo - Replied Jun 12, 2004

here's a piece of trivia:

the first time I got drunk I watched Strange Brew.

Repeat: RIP, hoser.

effyoo - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Jun 12, 2004

it's a hoax.
    don't believe the hype.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.