Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

rich people's garbage?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by I R NET GANG, Apr 15, 2004.

1. I R NET GANG

I R NET GANG Banned

anyone know how much shit you can find in rich peoples garbage on garbage day? my dad says you can find all the hot electronics from the 80's and early 90's often.

2. j

j Guest

3. synaps

synaps Senior Member

when i was 17 and got my first place, my roomate and i took his truck down to the rich neighborhoods for about a month straight the night before garbage day and scooped up tons of shit

got a 52" mitsubishi widescreen that's only problem was that the remote didn't work & there was a peice of plastic blocking the on/off switch
    got a leather lounge set

and countless amounts of other cool shit

edit:
    fuckin typo's

4. Telo

Telo Elite Member

i don't feel right doing that stuff.. I know its cool for the "hipsters" and "trendsters" to find old mesh hats and extra small shirts that say: "Divers Do It Deeper in the Bahamas".. but that scene just isnt me. going through other peoples trash is kind of like saying
    "Hey Im a big fat loser! why dont you punch me in my ear?!"

5. j

j Guest

actually, this is a good way to furnish your home.. lots of furniture gets tossed out around my neck of the woods.

6. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

this is true, there's all sorts of good stuff in the trash, but i don't usually have a truck to pick it up and i'm too embarrassed to do anything like this. (also my house is full)

7. synaps

synaps Senior Member

go really late at night ... stealth reckon mission styles. in and out...

that's what we did ... was quite a piss up, actually. think we were laughing to loud to even be remotely near 'stealthy' about it

8. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

I saw a couch that matched a chair (my brother has) in the trash the other week. I damn near called a friend to pick it up. funny thing was that I found it in the hood. if it had been the chair...I would've been rockin cotton. ha-ha... ;)

9. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

*believe*

you mean 'dumpster diving'!
    i dont dumpster dive, but im not against
    coming up on some free stuff.
    hey, fuck it, its free! i remember when
    i first flew from the nest. i had milk crates
    for chairs. i had a small square restaurant
    table for a table, and hand me down dishes
    from my mom. I was brought up to
    appreciate what I have.

10. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

In my time the garbage has provided me with:

(1) stairmaster (display broken)
    (1) exercise bike (display also broken)
    (1) chair (wood make)
    (1) loveseat (cotton, smells funny)
    (1) end-table (plastic)
    (1) lamp (70's tassle steez)

11. Daddy Screw

Daddy Screw Member

me and my brother once found one of those new futuristic-type 4-plate stoves sitting outside someones house with a sign on it saying 'perfect working order.please take'.needless to say, we took it. needless to say when we got home we tried it out and something minor was wrong with it, i think it doesn't ignite properly or something. it works quite well though, once you ignite. it still sits in a corner in the kitchen to this day (about 2 months later). we'll prolly sell, donate or trade for weed and/or doughnuts or a beta-max video recorder thing or some other shit.

12. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

When the rich kids leave college, there is plenty of stuff up for grabs. I've found the following since I've been in this town (all working or in good shape). Some of it the university was throwing away:

2 Mattresses
    5 Working Computer Monitors
    2 Color Printers
    1 Apple Powerbook 3400c
    10 Keyboard/Mouse sets
    1 GC/MS Machine valued at something like $12,000 but unable to test
    2 Percocets and a Vicodin
    1 Vaccuum Cleaner
    Various Air Conditioners
    Some framed posters
    Various tables, dishes
    Too many couches, chairs, and lamps to count.

13. synaps

synaps Senior Member

as the saying goes

14. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

there was this mom and pop store by my house and the owners died and the construction workers who refurnished it to the store it is now and what not were not aloud to take anything and threw everything out in a dumpster.....cans galore!!!!! im still living off the stash

15. ASN

ASN Junior Member

Ive gotten a nice big screen tv out of the garbage working condition....i dont know why they threw it out. Also check the dumpsters behind circuit city...they usually lock it so bring bolt cutters. the merchandise that is damaged in shipping or returned and cant be shipped out for repairs go there. brand new cam corders walkmans cameras ect with usually only minor things wrong like a scratch or a broken button.