rice krispy treats

Guest beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

RICE KRISPIES TREATS®

Do not use diet/reduced fat margarine in this recipe.

3 tablespoons margarine

1 (10 ounce) package regular marshmallows

or 4 cups miniature marshmallows

6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies cereal

Vegetable cooking spray

Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal. Stir until well coated. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, press mixture evenly into 13 x 9-inch pan coated with cooking spray. When cooled, cut into 2-inch squares. Makes approximately 24 squares.

weeee

Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by tue skinny

yah vanity. i really enjoy home made ones. packaged ones suck so much

the packaged ones are okay for quick snacks and such but dont carry the pure oral orgasm (sounds bad) that the hommade jawns do...mmm..

I went to a friends party a while back and his wife has been doing catering work for nearly twenty years, so there's always a cool ass spread of hors d'ouvres and such, not to mention the BAR!!! but... anyway, for the whole party there was this big casserole pot with a spoon in it on the stove in the kitchen next to the bar. People stood next to the stove all night but, only speaking for self, the stuff in the pot looked like the rice part of a cuban rice/chicken dish that I had showed her how to make not too long before the party. I just assumed it was something she didn't finish before the party. I guess everyone else assumed something similar...

So... the party was wrapping up and there were only afew of us left when she said:

"Hmmm, I wonder why no one touched the rice crispy treats?"

Everyone else:

"The WHAT?!?"

turned out she was too busy to take them out of the pot and cut them into squares... so all 6 of us that had stayed late to help with the clean up got about a pound of treats each!!! So rad!

Archived