Revelation about graffiti

artsol

I think I've figured it out. Since it seems most writers put their names up to get their message out or to showcase their art because they have no other way to bring it to the people , it seems that in a perfect world there would be no graffiti. No evil corporations,insitutions or gov't to rebel against, everyone has what they need and want whether it be a gallery or magazine or whatever.Weird...but until then, I'll remain a nozzleneck.

So by stopping graf, we help make a better world

or

By continuing graf we show our hatred towards the fucked up status quo.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dude, you are a goddamn moron. have u ever even been up in your city? if you know what it was like to see yourself up everywhere you go, or the feeling when u finish a dope character or peice, u sure as fuck wouldnt have this ridiculous notion that graffiti is this movement against corporations. if u hate corporations so much than why do u own a computer? granted im not a fan of big business, but im typing on an HP, at a university, with nikes on. in a perfect world there wouldnt be morons recycling generic ass messages.

and what the fuck is this about: "by stopping graff we make a better world"?! what the fuck kind of "nozzleneck" are you? graffiti makes this world a better place. it gives streets character, it gives the homeless something to enjoy, its a major creative outlet, etc, etc. shit, u gotta be a fuckin cop. no writer could be this stupid.

I DECLARE ARTSOL QUEEN OF TOYS.

Guest amorphic

ummmm I don't know what sort of strange drugs you're taking but I do graffiti because it's an adventure and It's fun to put your name on someone else's stuff. :D

repeat for the ppl with heads so far up their asses their farts are 30 dBs:

' it seems that in a perfect world there would be no graffiti'

graffiti is the weapon of choice for the opressed and rebels.

In a perfect world no one would be opressed and since everything would be good there would be no NEED to rebel, ergo no graffiti.

modern graf is a double-edged sword.

so with the whole stop graf thing : since in a perfect world there would be no graf,wouldn't not writing make the world more perfect?

or with the continue graf thing:keep writing graf to show the world that I hate blah blah blah,or I was never noticed and somehow hopefully people will wise up and stop and pay attention or stop whatever you're rebelling against.

gasp...so in our modern sense if it worked...GRAFFITI WOULD BE DESTROYING ITSELF!

Wow...and I thought everybody in universities were smart, I see SOMEBODY had to blow the dean of admissions.

Don't hate on circular logic lol

Originally posted by artsol

repeat for the ppl with heads so far up their asses their farts are 30 dBs:

' it seems that in a perfect world there would be no graffiti'

graffiti is the weapon of choice for the opressed and rebels.

In a perfect world no one would be opressed and since everything would be good there would be no NEED to rebel, ergo no graffiti.

modern graf is a double-edged sword.

so with the whole stop graf thing : since in a perfect world there would be no graf,wouldn't not writing make the world more perfect?

or with the continue graf thing:keep writing graf to show the world that I hate blah blah blah,or I was never noticed and somehow hopefully people will wise up and stop and pay attention or stop whatever you're rebelling against.

gasp...so in our modern sense if it worked...GRAFFITI WOULD BE DESTROYING ITSELF!

Wow...and I thought everybody in universities were smart, I see SOMEBODY had to blow the dean of admissions.

Don't hate on circular logic lol

not everyone does graff because they are rebeling or opressed...some of us just like it. Therefore your argument collapses. In a perfect world people would still paint all over stuff...we just wouldn't get shit on for doing it.

no shit. this muthafucka is makin our passion look like its some goddamn movement against conformity. look at ces one (fx), clearly one of the most talented writers around, rocks a daily 9-5 and is an average joe. im not saying every writer is like this, although the majority are, but it sure as shit doesnt show much for arugemnt's sake when a modern day innovater is your typical joe shmoe...cuz that is the farthest thing from conformity.

go do your homework son.

Guest whoami

damn I was thinking this would be a thread about dudes who were aztec or egyptian that drew dope shit over that print they did on their walls because they didnt like it.....Like aliens and big words like Bodacious

'Very intelligent people discuss ideas, fairly intelligent people discuss events,foolish people discuss people.' --FDR

I'm entitled to an opinion, and just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't mean I'm in any way inferior or mistaken.

thank you for blessing us with your wisdom o wise one!!! we are not worthy of your great insights for we are but lowly peasants who lack intelligence....

GET OFF IT

you presented a weak "insight" that doesn't reflect the reality of our situation. You have not responded to that with any further proof of your point...what the hell do you want us to say? Your insight isnt really an inisght at all..what was your point? There was no question presented for us to answer...or respond to

I've never called it an insight, truth is reality in your eyes and therefore your 'reality' is offtimes different than mine. 'I'm sorry for not regurgitating a cliched idea heard hundreds of times before'...but then again there is 'nothing new under the sun'.In addition I never said all writers do it because of blah blah, but perhaps my use of the word 'most' was misconstrued. (I'm sure many do even subconsciously)This isn't a persuasive essay, i don't need to convince ANYONE of what I think or believe at any point in time especially in this environment. The point was to discuss the opinion I held at that point in time and to read the opinions of others...but obviously many of you aren't capable of that [or are too lazy to think] and would much rather lean on the crutch of calling people 'toys'. But hey, whatever, 'sticks and stones'. This is really pointless for me to continue to attempt to get other's opinions on a discussion board. WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING ?

thanks to

ESE-1st post

ODW-2nd post

Guest imported_b0b

I'm sorry for not regurgitating a cliched idea heard hundreds of times before...QUOTE]

I think actually that is what you did and that is why you have got all these people responding to you. Remember there are no absolutes, everybody has slightly different reasons for what they do so to read your post, supposedly, telling them why they do graf is likely to get their back up a little when their reasons may be different from your own.

and would much rather lean on the crutch of calling people 'toys'.

see thats the thing. you ARE a toy. what mature and experienced writer asks a message board, "where can i get a blackbook?" have u even been around long enough to know what a toy really is?

where and when have I asked where to get a blackbook?

also I never ever said that this is why all writers write. in addition I put that sentence about not regurgitating in quotes as you can see just so those that believed I was regurgitating would be appeased lol

Guest catwash

Axioms Reciprocate Thought

All Retards Think

Amazing Reticulated Trousers

Among Reasonable Thieves

Haters on a graf site? Who would've thought?

stop me if you think it's a hot question, but you dont seriously put up a.r.t as a crew do you?

no, in a PERFECT world faggots like you wouldnt post up toy shit like this about some fuckin hindu-ghandi revelation that they had jackin off to britney spears..

graff isn't just some illegible shit on the side of a pay phone or in a bathroom stall.. so maybe in your so-called "perfect" world graff wouldn't be around, but that's no world for me.. personally, i love my evil government corruptions and consipiracies.. makes life more fun.

Archived