Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Return of the Fallen

Discussion in 'News' started by POIESIS, May 5, 2005.

1. POIESIS

POIESIS Member

[​IMG]
    Defense Department redactions obscure the faces and insignia of honor guard members in many of the war casualty images.

[​IMG]
    The casket bearing the body of US Navy Machinist's Mate Third Class Nathan Taylor goes over the edge of the USS Enterprise during a Burial at Sea ceremony.

[​IMG]
    Casket being handled on military aircraft with images of honor guard members completely obscured.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

==========

more images and reading here:
    http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB152/index.htm

2. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

3. KaBar2

KaBar2 Senior Member

RIP.

Is it just me, or is there something pretty weird about blacking out the faces of the troops on funeral duty? Creepy. Whoever made the decision to release those photos like that needs to get a priorities tune-up. I can't imagine what kind of bizarre Homeland Security deal prompted it, but whatever it was, it was a stupid idea. No points for the Defense Department public relations officer.

4. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

Dido. I was gonna say something to that effect too. What the fuck is that about???? :huh2:

5. POIESIS

POIESIS Member

yea, there's something creepily orwellian about it..especially the 3rd last.

6. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

This is not what I would consider 'supporting the troops'.

on an aside, I want to be burried at sea, but slid out under sail cloth, like the old days.

7. xwibxonex

xwibxonex New Jack

they don't want to show them crying.

8. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

Bullshit.

9. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

Very dehumanizing and nonsupportive. disapointing, but comming from this camp I'm not too surprised.

RIP !!!

10. villain

villain Veteran Member

Well it's part of OPSEC to not tell people what unit you are in and where you are deploying yadda yadda yadda.... It's not classified but it's considered sensitive information.
    Of course people are going to talk about what the hell is going on in their lives but we ain't supposed to. But again, noone really gives a fuck unless you are at gitmo or some shit. I hear they monitor all your phone calls and emails or whatever and they will cut you straight the fuck off if you even come close to anything descriptive. They also check your film and shit like that... I'm glad I don't have to go through that shit. eh, life is crazy...