1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

RETALIATION!!!

Discussion in 'News' started by Raels, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Raels

Raels 12oz Member

RETALIATION!!!

Discussion started by Raels - Sep 13, 2001

A lot of people are talking about/asking for IMMEDIATE retaliation by The American Government. I'm no Political Scientist or Military Strategist but this seems to be the stupidest/most self-defeating solution to what's happened.

Acting on this right away without careful consideration of every possible future outcome and effect could mean the start of World War 3 or even worse. The intentions and specific motivations behind this whole f**ked up tragedy are still unclear. For all we know this "move" could be intended as a catalyst for FURTHER ACTS of terror (or war) that have been planned to follow directly behind this one.

Don't underestimate the people who did this.

Personally, I think everyone should take into consideration that running out and "turning some third world country into a parking lot" will do nothing but strengthen the existing hatred of America that motivated the WTC & Pentagon crashes in the first place, not to mention the fact that more innocent dead people will help no one. Somebody WILL pay for this, but if it's the wrong people paying then the fire grows stronger against us.

This is the time for serious STRATEGY, not reflex. One false move could be suicidal for our government & those who support us.

..Just some thoughts about what's going on & how it might affect us. Everyone stay level-headed and pay respects to the recently deceased as well as the Middle-Easterners in your area.

Raels - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. KASTsystem

KASTsystem 12oz Member

KASTsystem - Replied Sep 13, 2001

we have to respond.
    but it's very important that we are sure of who our enemy is.

the biggest problem is the kind of war this will be. we can easily attack and level pakistan or whatever other country is determined to be the enemy...the problem with this is that our enemy is not a country, but terrorists. and these terrorists are already in NYC, DC, and all over the US (not to mention the world). They are trained to assimilate and not "look like terrorists." And once we make an attack, i assure you the terrorists in this country will instinctively retaliate.

we shouldn't fear military attacks from foreign countries...we can handle that.
    we need to worry about a much more dangerous and unpredictable attack from unknown terrorists.

[This message has been edited by KASTsystem (edited 09-13-2001).]

KASTsystem - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. Raels

Raels 12oz Member

Raels - Replied Sep 13, 2001

This is basically how I feel. Terrorism is a relatively new form of war that we aren't fully prepared for. Our vulnerabilities here are obvious, and easy to take advantage of.

What a frustrating situation.

Raels - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Sep 13, 2001

we lead the world in terrorism. its our sense of denial thats not fully prepaired.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. KASTsystem

KASTsystem 12oz Member

seeking, please explain.
    i personally disagree with you.
    we do not physically attack any other countries...at the most, we financially support other countries, particularly Israel.
    I don't define that as terrorism.

6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

osama bin laden hasent physically blown anything up, all he's done is fund it. is he still a terrorist. do some research bro. find out who trained bin laden.

7. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

HESHIANDET - Replied Sep 13, 2001

unkie sam

------------------
    stonecutters#1

8. KASTsystem

KASTsystem 12oz Member

yes, he is a terrorist.
    he trained them. he funded them. he supplied them with everything they needed.
    they look up to him as their spiritual leader.

i don't think anyone trained bin laden.
    he is an extremist with a lot of money and is capable of carrying out his own political ideaologies.

america, on the other hand, is not creating havoc in other countries because of their extremist (or even conservative) views. we are not attacking countries and forcing capitalism, democracy, and freedom on them.

you're entitled to your opinion, but you still have not supportted it. all i'm asking is for an example of how america is a terrorist nation.

9. Seym1has2no3fiends

Seym1has2no3fiends 12oz Elite Member

Seym1has2no3fiends - Replied Sep 13, 2001

Didn't the U.S. train Bin Ladin? I could be wrong though... but uh... either way, I aggree with raels!

Seym1has2no3fiends - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  10. KASTsystem

KASTsystem 12oz Member

i know the U.S. trained a lot of the hijackers. i don't know if we trained bin laden or not...maybe. either way, we didn't train him with the knowledge or expectation that it would be used in terrorist attacks or against us.

11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

dude, im not even gonna go through it again. your really have absolutely no idea about things. and im not saying that as insult, its just the truth. do some reading man. read through the threads relating to the recent incidents, theres alot of good info there.

we trained osama bin laden and his followers. we taught them espianage, torture, military tactical planning, as well as supplied them with weapons, money, and the intelligence to use it efficently. we went into niceragua (or was it panama, i cant think right now) and not only killed some tens of thousands of inncoent people, but we put a puppet regime into office that was arguably more corrupt than the one we took out. do your homework man....

12. javier yardbirds

javier yardbirds 12oz Senior Member

javier yardbirds - Replied Sep 13, 2001

In the early 80's the CIA gave weapons, secret weapon technology and billions of dollars to rebels in Afghanistan that were fighting the Soviet occupation.

I'm not sure if Bin Laden was a direct recipient of what the CIA was giving out, but he was a part of the revolution, so he was a recipient in one way or another. Many weapons his terrorists use, I'm sure, were at one time US Military property.

javier yardbirds - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. KASTsystem

KASTsystem 12oz Member

seeking,

i don't know why you have to be so condescending...

i never professed to know everything about all of this.

i'm trying to respond as calmly as possible.
    i feel that i've done nothing but try to contribute to an intelligent and thought provoking conversation. if you feel that i stated wrong information, i will gladly hear, listen, and learn from your argument provided it has supportting info.

i am a reasonable person. i understand the need to know before i speak. that is why i have so few posts. i only post when i feel like i have something to contribute. if you ever disagree with me, i'd prefer that you did so in a non-insulting tone...i won't hear it otherwise.

thank you.

(if you're curious as to what i'm talking about, it's comments like "do your homework man" and your obvious frustration with supplying info: "dude, im not even gonna go through it again...")

14. KASTsystem

KASTsystem 12oz Member

thank you for responding and informing in a constructive way. this is what makes the posts worthwhile and intelligent.

15. beardo

beardo Guest

beardo - Replied Sep 13, 2001

id say seeking was pretty civil and informative man.