Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Research Papers

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by slizxer, Oct 14, 2001.

1. slizxer

slizxer New Jack

anyone ever write a research paper on graff writing...
    if anyone has any good sources i could you use it would help...
    its for a sociology class.
    so far i found like two things... besides style wars...
    -thanks

2. slizxer

slizxer New Jack

yea.. and who said that quote.. it goes something like..

words of poets found on subway cars ... something like that ...

3. Xeroshoes

Xeroshoes Senior Member

The words of the prophets were written on subway walls?....i dunno somebody correct me if im wrong but simon and garfunkal said it, or some people similarly named......but pick up Subway Art for some good information...

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah, its simon and garfunkle, but im not sure they were the first. their's is the one thats always quoted, but i think it comes from something else originaly... rush has a line that states 'and the words of te prophets were written on the studio walls' obviously a throw back to the s&g, but im assuming its from somplace older... just cause... i dont know. i have soemthing in my eye.

5. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

ive done it...i regret it...mine was a kind of research/educational paper/presentation on graffiti and how it effects my life...the whole class looked at me like i was an idiot. people just dont understand...sometimes i even have trouble understanding. i never talk about graf with anyone anymore, and i will never write another report on graf again...

6. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

I wrote one in high school and the teacher hooked it up with an "A". I came across it the other day. I can't believe I passed. You know when you look back at papers you wrote in HS 7 years ago. I wish it was college quality so I could send you a copy to check out. Sorry. Just make sure you get that paper from all angles political,economics, etc.

7. Scientific

Scientific Junior Member

I wrote one when I was in Highschool.. Called "Is Graffiti a form of Art or a crime" My teacher ate that shit up like it was candy A+...
    I think she felt sorry for me, being that I am poor...

Wait a minute ... What a bitch!

8. crso

crso Senior Member

i wrote a paper for a composition class for college credit and got an A. it was about painting and not getting caught doing it. although i got an A the instructor look at me the rest of the semester like i was a criminal.

9. seven.13

seven.13 Dirty Dozen Crew

http://www.artcrimes.com/index/talk.html

New York 82/83 Subway Graffiti
    by Thomas Christ

STYLE WRITING FROM THE UNDERGROUND

check out their bibliography and fiddle around on there

there is a whole lot..you might have trouble finding the books, i got a few through Barnes n Noble a few years ago theyll order pretty much anything.

10. Remy Martin

Remy Martin Guest

i copied a paper from a berekly student a few years back...it was a easy two thousand words.

it was about the mathamatical principles of wildstyle...

also qouted some qoute from a fx production.

11. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist

ARTCRIMES THATS ALL I USED THEY HAVE TONS OF LINKS AND INFO INTERVIEWS OVER ALL BEST INFO IN MY OPINION:mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :king: :crazy: :stretch: :spent: :scramble: :scramble: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

12. CATS

CATS Senior Member

Unless graffitti was given to you as an assignment I would stay off the subject, what you enjoy and think is your easy A is nothing close. I had sociology and when we covered graff this knucklehead ass writer got up and started saying shit like he was all city. I being the ass that I am argued over it with him. Turf wars, to trains, to walls. Its really not something you should discuss in a forum where these people will have a good chance of ratting you out. Dont be afraid to do the research though, the history is as important as the future.:king:

13. Inside

Inside New Jack

anyone know the name of that simon and garfunkel track?

:D :D :D

14. Vandalicous

Vandalicous Member

i've written a few papers on graffiti and always gotten A's...i think its important for educated people to be able to present something from intelligent angles...i have included pictures so the reader knew exactly what i was talking about and my professors have asked for copies of the flicks...with the right words u can change someones perspective
    i'm in the process of writing one right now actually..my working bibligoraphy looks something like this: Getting Up Craig Castleman, The Faith of Graffiti Norman Mailer, The art of Getting over Stephen Powers, Graffito Michael Walsh...u can also use subway art and spraycan art, stylewars...also...depending on your angle you may want to access some information regarding the laws and statistics of those who get bagged..u may want to interview a police officer or a transit cop..looks good for first hand research